Chapter 13

"D-D-D-Damon?!"I squeaked nervously. "yes it's me, I live here, don't act so surprised. Now are you gonna answer my question any time soon 'cause I kinda wanna go to the grill sometime this century." He said. Trying to avoid eye contact with him, I spoke. "W-W-What question?" I asked, stuttering. "Oh I don't know! It couldn't be the question I asked like 2 minutes ago, could it? Oh wait! That's exactly the question I'm talking about." Damon said with an eye role. "Oh.... that question." I said. "Yes that question. now....." Damon vamp-sped up to me. "What was all that about?" he asked again. my heart sped up in a panic and I knew that my older, human blood drinking brother could hear it. "it....it was nothing." I lied. And that's when a motorcycle roared to life, gravel crunching under its wheels as it started to move. The instant I heard the sound I ducked away from my brother and rushed over to the window, not thinking that I was leading Damon towards what I was trying to hide from him. I peaked out the window and saw Tyler pulling out of the driveway and,-forgetting about the other person in the room,- I sighed. 'Wow.' I thought. "Was that a motorcycle engine?" Damon questioned. My eye sight went fuzzy as my mind wondered off into thoughts of Tyler. "Yeah." I replied, my voice sounding light and detached. Suddenly my mind snapped back into reality and I spun around. "I... I mean... No, it wasn't." I said quickly. For a wile Damon just stared at me, then,-as if he noticed something he rushed over to where I was standing at the window. Damon looked me in the eyes, searching. "Your hiding something... why?" he asked me. "I....I...." I began. And that's when The front door swung open.