Chapter 32

We had switched to a truck a few miles back, then asked some obviously drunk and hormonal frat guys to help us get the stolen motorcycle into the back of it. And In return they had gotten a nice empty gap in their memory.
As we drove I noticed it was getting dark and I could tell that Tara was biting her tongue to keep from saying god knows what.
   Looking at her from the corner of my eye I let out a sigh. "Just say it."  Tara looked at me and I could see the relief in her eyes. "oh thank god! Okay so I know I said I wouldn't ask but..-" she began. "It's Tyler's." I told her. Her eyes widened. "YOU STOLE TYLER'S MOTORCYCLE?!" She screeched. I shrugged. "Pretty much, yeah." Was my response. "Wait... which ones Tyler??" She asked. I looked at her and began laughing. "So let me get this straight.." I stopped for a moment so I could get myself to stop laughing. "... ok so, you screech at me for stealing Tyler Lockwood's prized possession,-his motorcycle,- but you don't even remember who he is?" She shrugged. "Pretty much, yeah." She said, using my words from before. I looked at my best friend with one brow raised. "She mocks?" I stated. Tara smirked. "She also spells like a badass." She said with a dramatic hair flip. I chuckled, knowing exactly what she was talking about. "Feisty witch." I mumbled. "Damn right!" She said, causing both of us to start laughing.
   "So where are we going?" She asked when I turned down a street that only I knew. I didn't answer, instead, I drove  the car down a long, familiar looking driveway. Tara looked from me to the medieval looking building in front of us. "Leigh where are we going?" She asked slowly. "To see an old friend." I told her. She looked at me confused, before she realized what I meant. She didn't say anything more as we got out of the car and walked up to the door. I lifted my hand and knocked slowly. "Your scared?" Tara stated. I nodded. "Why?" She asked. "Lets just go." I said before turning to leave. Tara had started to follow me but before we could get too far, I heard the creaking sound of old wood and stopped. "Leigh? what is it?" I could tell she was getting worried. I turned and opened my mouth to speak but the words got stuck in my throat when I saw a tall figure walking towards us. Sensing something was up, Tara turned. "Tara get behind me." I whispered when I saw the figure stop to sniff the air. She didn't move but the figure did. Suddenly, it lunged at her but before it could get too close I vamp sped in front of Tara and grabbed the other vampire by its throat. I hissed, showing my fangs causing its eyes to widen. Then with a smirk, he spoke. "Hello Mar'y, Long time no see." He said, his accent heavy. At the sound of my old nickname I smiled, my fangs still showing, and loosened my grip.

"Hello Lorenzo."