Chapter 31

"YOU WANT TO WHAT?!" Tara screamed, turning away from her locker to face me. "Sure Tara let the whole school know why don't you." I snapped, rolling my eyes. "Sorry but do you really think ditching is a good idea? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for leaving this hell hole but you haven't even set foot in a classroom today and it's not like Alaric hasn't noticed you haven't been in his class since the first day." Tara stated in a quieter voice. I sighed. "Look Tara, you should get back to class before your teacher comes looking for you. we'll talk more about this la..-" *RIIIING* "shit.." I whispered, looking around the hallway frantically. "Woah there.. you alright?" Tara asked. I looked at her. "Huh? Yeah I'm fine. Totally Fine why wouldn't I be?!" My words merged together as they rolled off my tongue in a rush. "L your shaking.." I could hear the concern in her voice.  I looked down at my hands, My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Well would you look at that.. I am." I said, with a nervous laugh. Tara looked at me for a moment before grabbing my arm. "Let's go.." She said as she walked towards the front doors, pulling me with her. "What the hell?! Why?" I questioned. Tara threw open the doors and pulled us both outside before responding. "You said you wanted to leave so here we are Leaving. Now find stefan's car and work your magic." I looked at her confused but didn't ask anymore questions. Then, with an evil look in my eyes, I smirked at the idea that popped in my head. Tara looked at me with a raised brow. "That look never leads to a smart idea..-" she exclaimed. I laughed. "Nope but then, when has anything fun ever come from a smart idea?" I asked, as I skipped over to an expensive looking, sleek, newly cleaned, freshly painted Harley. "Damn, he is so gonna regret telling me where he keeps his extra key." I whispered under my breath before lifting up the first helmet, grabbing the key and turning to my best friend. "You coming or are you having second thoughts?"  Tara hesitated but then smiled and came over to where I was standing. "I'm not even gonna ask." She said, as she put on the helmet and got on the back of the bike. "Good choice." I chuckled. "Now.. Hold on." I told her, before starting it up and speeding out of the parking lot and away from the school.