Chapter 24

"Klaus? Now there's a name you don't hear every day." I said. Klaus chuckled. "you'd be surprised by the amount of times people hear my name." he stated. i looked at him confused. "don't worry about it luv." he said, turning towards the door. For a few minutes i stood there staring at him.. wondering. "what does it mean?" I finally asked. klaus stopped. "what does what mean?" He questioned. "Your name." I said. "what does it mean?" Klaus chuckled again then smiled back at me. "neither the time nor place to discuss this.... now is it?" He remarked. I stared at him. "i guess not... no." I told him, still staring. Klaus started to walk away then stopped. "You coming, or are you just gonna stand there ogling my shirtless body?" Klaus asked with a smirk. "I wasn't ogling you." I mumbled as I followed him. Klaus laughed.

After we were out of the building klaus led me to a very expensive looking shiny black car. when we got to the car he unlocked it and held open the door to the passengers side, waiting for me to get in. when we were both in the car klaus gunned the engine causing the car to roar to life. for a wile we drove in silence, neither of us knowing how to start a conversation but then klaus broke the silence. "people's victory." he said. I looked at him. "what?" I asked, confused. "my full first name is Niklaus. it means 'people's victory' in Greek." he explained. "Mine means marshy meadows in English." I said after 15 minutes of silence. Klaus looked at me from the corner of his eyes. "Marleigh?" He asked. I looked at him shocked. "how. bowed you...?" I asked. Klaus hesitated. "I've been around for a long wile so I had time to do meaningless stuff like find out the meaning of names. that one just never left my mind." he finally answered. I opened my mouth to ask why he had hesitated but closed it when the car stopped. "we're here." klaus announced, getting out of the car. following his actions I got out too. Then, something swooshed by me and pinned klaus to the car.