Chapter 18

"She should've been awake by now." "why isn't she awake yet?" "she isn't waking up!" "Why is she so still?" "you don't think she's...?" "is she...-" "no! she will wake up, she just needs some rest... that's all." "what she NEEDS is fresh blood." Everyone's words swirled and spiraled, blending together in the air around me making it close to impossible to know who was saying what. As I slowly started to regain consciousness my mind started to clear up and my body went from stiff, to limp, to numb. I felt a tingling spark of life make its way from my chest to my arms, to my hands and then it began to make its way to the rest of my body. the tingly feeling started to spread slower and slower as my heart beat picked up a little bit of speed. "guys look!" "did she just..?" "she moved!" "So I'm not hallucinating?" "No, she definitely moved." Every one was speaking at once, their voices pounding in my ears and head. Then, all of a sudden the pain that had disappeared when my body had lost all feeling returned. I let out a mangled, ear piercing cry as the pain became unbearable. "What the hell?!" "What's happening to her!?" "Someone get me a blood bag!" "Nows not the time for a snack Damon!" "Not for me dim wit!" "Here!" Someone ripped open a plastic bag but I didn't pay attention to it, all I could think of was the pain that was shooting through my body. Suddenly someone lifted my head and poured something in my mouth. Startled and confused, I struggled against the person but once I felt the delicious, sweet, coppery liquid slide down my throat, I stopped fighting and drank. When there was no more blood left in the bag I noticed that the pain had subsided. The person that had given me the blood bag laid my head back down so it was sitting on what felt like a pillow. "Is she ok?" Asked a female voice. "I think so... I mean she isn't screaming any more so I guess that's good." Replied a male voice. I let out a small groan before opening my eyes. Looking around at the aquamarine and silver painted walls I realized I was in my room at the boarding house. "Can someone please explain to me why there are a hell of a lot of people in my room and why my neck hurts like an S.O.B?" I asked, sitting up. Everyone turned to look at me, and I saw their eyes widen. "Leigh! your not dead!" Tara screeched as she ran over to my bed and hugged me. When she pulled away she smiled at me. "Well technically speaking I am dead, you know, being a vampire 'n' all." I said, returning the smile. Tara laughed. "True, but that's not what I meant." she told me. "Oh." was all I said. "She knows?" I heard someone ask. we all turned our attention to my bed room door and saw Stefan standing there frowning with his eye brows scrunched together. "Yes, she knows now smile, you don't need any more frown lines Stef." I told him. ignoring the last part of my sentence, Stefan turned to look at Tara. "you know about what we are and your ok with it?" he asked her. "yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She questioned. "Because we're vampires, we're monsters so I don't get how you're ok with that when i...- when we could snap and go after you." He answered. "Stefan, you and Leigh are NOT monsters! Now Damon I'm not so sure about but that doesn't matter because I know I'm safe around you and Leigh and I know neither of you would ever hurt me. I also know that if Damon tried anything then he'd be in a hell of a lot of trouble with Leigh for it. I'm not some weak human girl that doesn't know how to fend for her self, I can take care of my self." Tara told him. "are you sure?" Stefan asked. Tara nodded. Suddenly Damon was behind Tara with his fangs exposed, getting very close to her neck. Tara stiffened a little but if she was even a little bit scared, she didn't show it. "It's not healthy to be so over confident Princess, especially when you smell so.... mouthwatering." Damon warned. In an instant Stefan was in front of Damon, blocking him from Tara. Stefan bared his fangs and hissed. When his face was back to normal, Damon let out a low chuckle. "Relax little brother I was joking, I don't do witchy blood, I mean who knows what's in that stuff." he stated. "What are you talking about?" Stefan asked as the veins under his eyes disappeared along with his fangs. Damon looked at Tara. "You didn't tell him... did you Princess?" he questioned, eye brow raised. Suddenly Damon fell to his knees wile clutching his head and hissed in pain. "Bonnie what are you doing?!" Stefan hissed questionably. "what ever she's doing it's hysterical!" Caroline said with a chuckle. "Don't look at me! for once I'm not responsible for his Vamp migraine." Bonnie said with a small glimmer of concern in her eyes. 'since when has Bonnie been concerned about Damon being in pain?' I wondered. "Then who is?" Stefan asked. Before any one could answer Damon stopped clutching his head and stood up. "what the actual fuck!?!" he growled. "Never call me Princess.... EVER!" She seethed. "wait... that was you?" Stefan asked. Tara nodded. "yup." she said. "Violent much?" Damon asked, sounding pissed. Then, to my surprise, Tara put her hand on her hip, narrowed her eyes and said, "It's called getting a point across. look it up, maybe then you'll actually learn a few things." When she said that Bonnie looked at her shocked, Caroline starred at her wide eyed wile trying not to smile, Stefan smirked, and I just strait up laughed. "You're one feisty witch, you know that?" Damon questioned. "your such a dick Damon." Tara said with an eye roll. Damon smirked. "if you wanna see me naked all you have to do is ask." he stated. Stefan glared at him but before he could say anything someone else spoke. "your a witch?" Jo asked. we all turned to look at her. "Y-Y-Yeah." Tara stuttered. Jo took a few steps closer to her then. "And you said your names Tara.... as in Kontara?" She asked. Tara's face turned pale as she nodded. "how do you know her name?" I asked. "Long ago a little girl in my Coven went missing and she had the same vibrant eyes as your friend. My aunt called the girl her little Dove." Jo replied. "Um okay?" I said more as a question, still extremely confused. "My aunt chose the name Kontara because it means Dove." Jo explained. "O-kay So... whats that supposed to mean?" I asked. This time Jo didn't answer me, in stead she turned her attention back to Tara. "Jo?" Tara asked, her voice shaky. Jo gave her a small smile. "it's been a long time Tara." she said. "wait! hold up! what's happening?" I questioned. Stefan and Damon shrugged, looking as confused as I felt. Tara didn't turn around but when she spoke it was to answer my question. "she....- Jo's my...-my cousin."