Chapter 19

We all stood there staring at Jo and Tara with different facial expressions; Caroline and Bonnie's eyes were 10x their normal size and their mouths were opening and closing but no words were coming out wile Damon, Stefan and I stood there with our mouths hanging open. Then, in my moment of shock I noticed the scent of another person in the house... Someone that wasn't in the room. It didn't smell like a normal HUMAN type person though, it smelled like something els... something different. 'it smells like a... a supernatural... but there's an edge to it.' I thought to my self. Unable to figure out what it was, I pushed all thoughts of it to the back of my mind and focussed on that what was going on now. since every one else,-including me,- was still shocked and confused, no one spoke for a while "it's funny how the fact that they're cousins confuses you guys wile what confuses ME is the different last names." a voice stated. every one looked towards the back of my room to see who had broken the silence. everyone except Damon. "Ric?" I heard him whisper. when my eyes saw the figure in the back of the room I stared at him, surprise clearly written in my expression. the figure in the back of my room stepped forward and I realized that the person was non other then, my history teacher..... Alaric Saltzman. 'Well this isn't at all creepy' I thought sarcastically. "Why the hell is my history teacher in my room? and how did Damon know it was him without looking?" I questioned. "He's here Because 1. He feels bad for what Elena did to you, 2. He wanted to make sure you were ok and 3. Because jo's here." Stefan answered. "Ohhhh. Wait what does Jo being here have to do with him?" I asked. "There together." Caroline replied, finally over the shock and able to form coherent words. i made an 'o' shape with my mouth, looked at Jo then at Alaric and then back at Jo . "ok first... Don't you work at that hospital?" I asked her. "which one?"she asked, testing me. "you know, the one with the name I haven't bothered to memorize yet and probably never will. you work at that one right?" I asked again. Jo let out a small laugh. "I'm just gonna say I know which one your talking about and not ask you to name it. but yes, I work at a hospital." she answered. I smiled and nodded then turned to Alaric. "she's a keeper." I told him, earning a smile in response. "So.... how did Damon know it was you with out looking and why did he sound so surprised when he said your name?" I questioned. "Because we're friends so he's memorized my scent. he's actually smart when it comes to being a vampire." Ric answered. "ok. and about my other question.....?" I said. Ric opened his mouth but it wasn't him that answered. "i was surprised 'cause I thought he was dead." Damon exclaimed. "ok well he's obviously NOT dead Damon." I told him. "He's not, but he WAS." My brother said. I looked at Damon then, convinced he was joking but when I looked in his eyes I saw something. I saw that he was completely, totally and utterly............... Serious.