Chapter 20

Not fully believing Damon, I turned to Stefan. "he's not kidding... is he Stefan?" I asked. Stefan opened his mouth to speak, hesitating a little bit before answering. "No, L... he's not." Stefan replied. "when and how did Ric die?" I questioned. everyone looked around at each other before someone spoke. "Leigh I don't think you....-" Stefan began. "I WANT to know." I said firmly. "But...-" I cut him off again. "please?" I asked. "ok but first, tell me why you want to know so bad." Stefan said. "I..." I began, looking around the room to see everyone staring at me. When I turned back around I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, then spoke. "because Alaric's Damon's friend and if someone can put up with Damon and survive, then there's a 95% chance they're gonna end up being my friend too. With Ric being my teacher AND Friend I'd want to know about him and what he's been through.... and that includes his tour dé Vamp transition." I told him, using a British accent to end my sentence. Damon chuckled causing me to look at him. "that..... was amusing." he said. "Thank you, thank you! that is all for this weeks episode of 'Response dé Marleigh Salvatore.' Thanks for watching." I said. "Wonderful! that's my new favorite show kitten." Damon said, applauding. I laughed. "Thanks Damie-K." I replied. Damon smirked and winked at me in response, causing me to laugh harder. "O-Kay... Back to how Alaric died..." Stefan interrupted. I looked at him and he smiled but it seemed forced. I looked at him confused and as I looked at him I thought I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes, but before I could do a double take... he looked away.