Chapter 37

DAMON'S POV-

After Leigh went to her room Stefan continued to watch the stairs while I got up and headed over to the booze cabinet. "She hates me doesnt she..?" Stefan asked. I looked up at him after pouring myself a glass of bourbon. "Well.." I took a sip of my drink. "...yeah pretty much." Stefan glared at me. I shrugged. "You asked brother." I reminded him earning me an eye roll in response. "Oh quit moping and have a celebratory drink." I said. His eye brows furrowed in confusion. I sighed and held out a glass of bourbon for him. "Someone finally hates st. Stefan, enjoy it while it lasts." I told him. "This isnt funny Damon, shes our sister I dont want her to hate me." He slightly whined. I groaned and set down the glass. "So thats a no to the drink?" I asked. "How do you expect me to drink to the fact that our little sister hates me?" Stefan questioned. I raised my glass to my lips. "I think it goes a little something like this..." I said before downing the rest of my bourbon and throwing the glass into the fire place. "But I could be wrong." I concluded with a shrug. Stefan didnt even crack a smile. "How can you joke right now?!" He questioned, voice slightly raised. "Easy," I paused and smirked at him. "I'm not the one Leigh hates." And with that, I headed up the stairs to my room.

As I walked towards my room I heard a scream come from one of the rooms. "Leigh?!" I called, racing into her room. I threw open the door to see her jult awake and sit up in bed, panting and drenched in sweat. She sat there trying to catch her breathe, I guess she hadn't noticed me standing there yet. When her breathing went back to normal she curled her legs up to her chest, put her head face down in her hands and began crying. My heart broke at the familiar sight in front of me and I sighed. I walked over to her, sat next to her, wrapped my arms around her and stroked her hair. Leigh turned and buried her face in my shirt once again and continued crying. She was shaking violently but I was used to this by now. "Same thing?" I asked quietly. She nodded. "I thought it would stop once we were all back together. And it did for a bit but.. but it was worse this time." Leigh whimpered. "Its okay kitten, he cant hurt you anymore. Hes gone." I assured her. She looked up at me, tears in her eyes and what she said next sent chills down my spine. "He wont stop Damon... She wont let him... Not until she gets both of her sons back." She rested her head on my chest and snuggled up against me. "Please Dont let her hurt me." She whispered. "I'll kill anyone who tries." I murmured. She shook her head tiredly. "You wouldnt kill mom." Was the last thing she said before her eyes fluttered shut. "Mom?" I whispered confused. But she was already fast asleep.