seven

paige

My eyes flutter open and are met with the morning sun. Memories of the night before slowly start to flood my brain. Meeting him. Talking to him. Bringing him to my little safe haven. His hands holding me. His lips on mine. Falling asleep in his arms. We both ended up falling asleep for a little while around five in the morning on the floor. His arms wrapped around my torso and my back pressed to his chest.

I slowly turn around in his arms to face him, doing my best not to wake him. He looks so peaceful. I brush one of the curls that has fallen on his face back. I put my hand on his cheek running my thumb softly in slow circles. He shifts slightly underneath and I pull my hand back.

"No. Don't stop," he says, while placing his hand onto of mine and putting it back onto his cheek, his voice raspy and laced with sleep.

I smile and continue my small patterns. His eyes flutter open to look into mine. I knew he had green eyes, but I didn't realize how captivating they would be. He rolls over onto his back and pulls me with him so I'm now sitting on top of him.

"Good morning," he says.

"Good morning."

He pulls my head down to meet his and softly presses his lips against mine. It short. Too short. We pull away and just look at each other for a minute. He brushes a piece of hair that has fallen in front my face back behind my ear. I reach over to grab my phone which was resting on the couch behind us.

"It's already nine," I say.

He groans.

"I have an interview at 10:30," he says.

"Shit. That's soon!!"

I go to climb off him and start to get my stuff but he stops me.

"It's okay don't worry. I have plenty of time."

He sits up to meet my lips. His fit perfectly against mine. We move in-sync with one another. My hands slip into his hair and his go to hold onto my waist. His lips trail from mine to my cheek then to my jaw then down to my neck. I feel his mouth sucking slightly on my skin, teeth nibbling slightly, and then his tongue soothing over slight sting. A small moan escapes my lips and I feel him smile creep against his lips. He moves to right under my ear and his pattern of sucking, softly biting, and smoothing.

"Paige. You're gonna have to stop doing. Otherwise I'm not going to be able to stop myself," he says gruffly against my skin.

"What?" I question not understanding.

"I said you're going to have to stop doing that," he says pulling away and looking down at my hips.

I had been gridding them against his subconsciously. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look down.

"Sorry," I say softly out of embarrassment.

"Don't be sorry. The problem is we have limited time right now and I know for a fact the first time we do anything I'm going to want to take my time," he says with a smirk.

I swat his chest and he laughs placing a small kiss against my lips.

"We really should get going. You have that interview and I really need to work on this project for school."

He nods and we both stand up.

We pick up with blankets and pillows and put them on the couch. We grab our stuff and start heading towards the door.

We step outside and I feel the crisp autumn breeze hit me and I'm really glad I have the flannel around me for the extra layer.

"Oh Shit! I still have this on," I say referring to the flannel he gave me last night.

He stops me as I go to take it off.

"You wear it way better than I do," he says from behind me, his lips next to my ear.

He presses a kiss to the side of my head and we continue walking to the subway. We get there and swipe our metro cards to get onto our car heading back to my dorm. A pang of sadness hits me as I realize this means I won't see him for a while.

I keep telling myself it's not goodbye, it's just a see you later but I can't shake this feeling that I won't see him later. He will move on to a different girl that fits his life better than I do and I will just be a fun adventure he had while in the city.

We sit down in the last two seats available on the car and his hand gently rests on my thigh causing a spark to shot through me. I wrap my pinky finger around his discreetly just incase anyone would see.

The last thing I need to someone taking a picture and making up some crazy rumor. We stay like that for the rest of the ride, and once we get to our station we hop off and head up to the street.

"I can practically see the wheels in the head of yours turning. What's on your mind?" He asks me.

"Oh just school stuff," I partially lie.

I was really thinking about what's going to happen when we reach my building also I was stressing about my project. I need to find a song. And fast.

"What kind of school stuff?"

"I have this huge project that's due kinda soonish and I don't know what I'm doing yet. We are suppose to pick a song that means a lot to us and make another part to it. Like a duet kind of thing. I'm having a really hard time picking the song and it's a huge percentage of my grade."

"I think it will hit you one day soon. Don't try and force it. That's the worst thing you could possibly do. I wrote some of the shittiest shit when I tried to force it out. When I least expected it, stuff would just hit me and that's how I got the good stuff."

"Shittiest shit huh," I say with a laugh.

"Oh the shittiest of all shit. But seriously it'll come when you least expect it. That's why I usually have my journal on me. I left it in my bag back at the arena, but I usually have it with me for when I get an idea or something happens."

"That's honestly really smart. Maybe I'll steal that idea from you."

We have finally reached my building and the part I have been dreading comes.

"Welp. This is me," I say. 

We stop outside the doors and look at each other.

"Give me your phone," he says, sticking his hand out.

I hand him my phone. He types something in it and then hands it back to me.

"Now I have your number and you have mine," he says.

"I wasn't kidding when I said I want to see you again."

I smile.

"Okay."

"Okay. Text me when you get to your room," he says pulling me in for a hug.

"Okay," I say breathing in his scent one more time.

"I'll see you later." I nod into his chest.

We break away and I start to head inside when I am pulled back abruptly.

His hand wrapped around my arm and pulled me behind the potted tree next to the door, blocking us from anyone's view. His lips press against mine. My body starts to tingle with the feeling of his lips on mine. It's short but it's what I needed.

Its comforting and almost is his way of reconfirming this isn't over. He pulls away and brushes his hand over my cheek and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"See you later garden girl," he says quietly.

I smile at the nickname thinking it was sweet how he remembered that from last night.

"See you later."

He pecks my lips one more time and then starts to walk away. I walk toward the door and turn to watch him leave. He turns around one last time and smiles at me, winking before he turns back around.

I smile to myself and walk into the building.