● Chapter 1 ●

I plopped down on the sofa with a glass of red wine in my hand, ready to turn on the TV and rest. I sighed in content as my favourite show started and I curled up with a bowl of popcorn next to me.

"Move over, I want to sit down too!" I heard a voice say. I smiled to myself and put my legs down so that Katrielle, my roommate, had where to sit.

"So, how was your day?" I asked as I got up and went to the kitchen.

"Great! I nailed that presentation better than Bob the builder could!" She exclaimed and crossed her legs.

I paused and turned to look at her, my brows furrowed. That was an...odd choice of wording. She smiled, definitely knowing that I was confused, and I just shook my head. I opened the white kitchen cabinet and took out another wine glass for her.

"Tell me more! Did you get promoted?" I asked as I sat back down next to her.

"How's your Korean?" she asked with a smirk.

"What does that have to do with your job? You're not moving are you?!" I asked, slightly panicked.

"No! Just answer me!" she said.

"I'm fluent, you?" I asked.

"Meh, could be better," she said and moved her head from side to side, as if contemplating something.

"Well, your birthday is next week right?" she asked again.

"Mhm," I hummed in agreement.

"I got you the BEST gift you'll get!" she exclaimed as she grabbed her purse.

"You really didn't have to, Katrielle. I won't accept it if it's expensive!" I told her as I set down the glass on the coffee table.

"Oh don't be stupid! You let me live here, this is the least I could do!" she said as she pulled out a sealed envelope.

She handed it to me and I turned it over before openeing it. I slid my finger under the tab, ripping it open. A couple of papers flew out and I bent down to pick them up.

"Oh my, what is this?" I asked.

"Ahh, you're so slow! Open it!" She huffed, starting to loose patience.

My eyes widened as I read what was written. Oh my God!

"B-BTS? T-Tickets?" I stuttered. If she was pranking me, I'd never forgive her.

"Yup! My boss gave me two tickets as a gift! " She exclaimed and jumped up and down.

"We're going to Korea! BTS! BTS!" I yelled in joy.

I jumped up and down together with Katrielle. I ran over to the remote and fumbled with the buttons. I pressed the YouTube icon and after a minute or two, 'Boy with luv' started playing. Katrielle squealed and we started doing the choreography.

"Ugh, Jungkook is so cute!" she said as we spun around and sent a flying kick through the air.

"Jimin is so cute!" I replied as we continued moving around.

We didn't even have to watch them, we memorised that dance ever since the song was released. I knew most of the dances, Katrielle found some a bit hard but she did 'Boy with luv' perfectly.

"Ah, when do we go then?" I asked, catching my breath.

"Tomorrow, early morning," she answered in between pants.

"What?! I have to pack!" I exclaimed as I rushed around the large house.

"We're in the front row! I have to wear something that catches attention! Something pretty!"I spoke to myself as I jogged to my room and opened the doors to the walk-in-wardrobe. Katrielle followed behind me, sipping her Merlot with a smirk.

"You're happy?"

I turned around to face her with a grin on my face.

"Of course I am! Thank you so much!" I hugged her, almost spilling the wine. It didn't matter though.

Once we let go, I turned back to look at the suitcase on the floor next to my bed and the items I collected and placed on my bed. My gaze roamed around till it landed on the poster on my wall. A black and white poster of Jimin. Katrielle sat down on the armchair in the corner, next to the potted fern.

"Oooh, is he going to be your jagi? If he is, I so want to be your child! So loved! Your parents would be so proud!" she asked.

I looked down with a small frown. We never talked about my parents since...the accident.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to - " she apologised.

"No, it's fine. After all, your parents are like mine, they gave me a life and you're a sister to me," I told her and waved my hand.

She left the glass on my desk and ran over to me. She tackled me in a hug, making me land on the bed.

"Noo! You're wrinkling my clothes! Don't you have what to do?" I said, rolling her over to the other side.

"I already packed," she shrugged.

"Well, why don't you help me then?" I asked.

She giggled and went over to raid my closet. We mixed and matched outfits and even chose the books we'll read on the plane. It was already dark outside when we finished.

"So how long are we staying in Korea?" I asked.

She smiled as she tossed her silky hair over her shoulder.

"As long as we want," she said and waggled her eyebrows.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep! Okay, so here are the tickets, passports, whatnot," she said, handing me a plastic button file.

"Good night," she called on her way out, switching off the light.

"Good night," I replied. I looked up at my poster for one last time before setting up my alarm for the morning.

                                                    ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

                  𝗬𝗲𝘀𝘀! 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆'𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁! 

      𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸! 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁!