Sugawara x Reader : Practice (Haikyuu)

• Dedicated to otakuyune (Quotev)

~I am so excited we just got 100 votes on this story!! *squeals* and we have almost reached 5K reads as well so I'm happy about that. Sorry if this wasn't that good but I have only just started the show so yeah. I have been very busy lately and so I haven't been updating as much so expect that to happen a bit more anyways heres the list of what is coming up - 

Gajeel x Reader : (Fairy Tail)

Rogue x Reader : Shadows of the Past part 2 (Fairy Tail)

Mori x Reader :  (Ouran High School Host Club)

Kakashi x Reader : (Naruto)

~Yukki out!~

 Dammit, Dammit, dammit. You thought over and over. You were going to be late and there was no way you could stop it, you should have left earlier. You knew that and yet you were hurrying to get there. 

You stop dead in your tracks as you see a massive hill infant of you. You curse as you realise you should’ve just stayed at school instead of going home to drop things off then coming back. You take a step forward slowly and slowly get into a run.

You run up the hill urging yourself to keep going and make it to the top, you finally make it to the top exhausted. You stop to catch your breath and check the time, it was later then you thought it would be. So instead of taking a proper break you sprint into a run again hoping to get there to at least see the last few minutes.

You sprint across the corridor and push open the door to the gymnasium. “Here!” you yell into the gym, slapping a hand over your mouth as you realise how loud you said it.

Everyone turns to you and waves, they were playing a match against each other so you went over and sat next to Kiyoko. 

“Kiyoko-san how are you?” you ask her as you watch them practice. Kiyoko and you start a conversation and by the end of practice you were both smiling and in a good mood.

Sugawara walked off the court and waved at you. Kageyama and Hinata were arguing as usual and he was trying to calm them down. 

You loved volleyball you had always wanted to play it but you couldn’t the only thing you could do was train to get stronger, your legs weren’t very strong so you were often pushing yourself to run longer distances so you could join the volleyball team.

You stood up and waited for sugawara to get to you. 

“Hello (Y/N),” Sugawara says to you smiling. His smile made your heart skip a beat, he was so nice and sweet. You were so glad that he was your boyfriend.

You smile back and say, “Hey how was practice sorry I got here late,” you smile apologetically and look him in the eyes.

“Practice was good, the usual really. It’s ok that you got here late, at least you made it anyways how are your legs?” the worry clearly showed in his voice as he said the last part.

“My legs are fine Sugawara, I’m fine it’s ok.” you smiles at him as relief floods his face.

“Thats good,” he replies as he kisses your cheek. 

You blush lightly and look him in the eyes. He looks back into your eyes and smiles, slowly and gently he kisses you. A bit surprised you kiss back smiling.

“Get a room!” Daichi shouts from the other side of the gym.

You and Sugawara pull apart, you blushing and sugawara just looks at daichi and laughs. 

“Come on,” sugawara says to you, “I’ll walk you home.” he grabs your hand and holds it gently, leading you away. 

Half way home your legs start to shake, the run up the hill earlier must have taken a while to set in and hurt you. Sugawara looks at you worriedly and kneels down slightly, “jump on,” he says, “I’ll give you a piggy back.”

Silently you nod and say, “If I have to,” you jump onto his back and he begins to talk,

“you know (Y/N) you really shouldn’t push yourself so hard it makes me worry, you need to take your time to build up your leg strength otherwise they’ll get worse. I love you and everything but you need to look after yourself so I don’t have to worry as much.”

You reply sleepily, “I love you too sugawara I promise I’ll take it easy from now on…” and you fall asleep on his back as he carries you home.