Gray x Reader : A little bit of love (Fairy Tail)

~!Hey guys I love getting all these requests and I have just reached 1000 reads on this story!!!!! so excited!~ I love all your support and thank you AnimeBooksLove Life for this request!~

 You smiled at your best friend Juvia-chan. She was the besets friend you could ever wish for. You knew her feelings for Gray clearly, after all he was all she ever talked about. Juvia had made her feelings clear from the very beginning and that made it all that harder to make your feelings clear as well.

Your feelings remained holed up inside your heart. You grinned at Juvia as she came over and sat down next to you. “How did it go?” you asked her. “Juvia didn’t confess, Juvia was too scared.” Juvia says sighing. 

You smile, this was the second time Juvia had tried and failed, “Juvia-chan!~” you say brightly trying to cheer her up, “maybe we could hang out sometime on the weekend!”

Juvia’s face immediately lights up and that makes your smile bigger. Having Juvia as a friend was great, she wasn’t clingy like people thought she was, or stalkers, well maybe sometimes she could be but normally she was a kind, caring and ultimately sweet girl.

Seeing Juvia smile made up for the fact that you could never tell her about your love for Gray. It was nice to feel happy and loved and to know your best friend would do anything for you and you the same for her. 

_Time skip to the weekend_

“Juvia-chan!!” you yell out as you smile and wave at her. 

She smiles back and says, “(Y/N)-chan  it’s nice to see you.” you laugh and link your arm into hers as you both head off towards your destination. “(Y/N)-chan where are we going?” she asks you.

You giggle in response and say teasing her, “It’s a surprise and no guessing or we won’t go.” Juvia nods and you both begin to talk about life, magic, jobs and boys. 

When you arrived at your destination you saw that Gray and Laxus were already there. Laxus was the only person who knew you liked Gray as well and he found out by accident. After he found out the both of you became closer and you finally found out he liked Mirajane and were helping him to try and ask her out. You were like best friends with Laxus and it was nice to have someone to talk to about things like this.

Juvia looks at you her eyes wide, you just smile at her and nod. She runs ahead towards Gray and Laxus as you stroll behind her. You were wearing your shorts and some thongs. You had a singlet on and over the top of that you had a partly see through white top with a flower patterns on it. Your hair was out and flowing naturally. You looked beautiful. Juvia though was stunning wearing her usual dress that was ripped up one side in a fashionable way. This never looked old on juvia and her hair was always so pretty no matter what hairstyle she had.

All four of you said your hellos and then headed to the place you had picked out for lunch. You and Laxus slowly dropped back as they were walking leaving Juvia and Gray walking together alone.

“Are you okay?” Laxus asked you worried.

You looked at him and smiled, “Of course I am, why wouldn’t I be?” you asked him.

He gave you a look and replied, “You know why. Are you okay with Gray never knowing your feelings just because you want Juvia to be happy?” 

You sighed and looked at the sky, it was a nice clear blue, there was a slight breeze and a couple of white fluffy clouds. It was the perfect day. “I think that since Juvia is my best friend that its ok for her to have Gray after all I wouldn’t even have the courage to go up to him and ask him out or even confess or give a hint or anything. I don’t want to break Juvia’s heart and she liked him first obviously. She’s my best friend I would do anything for her even give up the love of my life but lets just enjoy today ok?” you say as you quickly turn away so Laxus can’t see the tears that have formed in your eyes.

“Let’s go catch up,” you say quickly before your voice catches in your throat.

You wander around stopping at different shops on the way to the restaurant. You and Juvia tried on multiple pairs of dresses while Laxus and Gray looked at surf boards, skate boards and cool hats and tops. After a few stops you reached the restaurant it was nothing too fancy but it was also a nice place to have lunch.

You sat opposite Gray and next to Laxus. You all ordered and started to talk to each other, the conversation was nice and peaceful, full of cheerfulness and joy. When your meals arrived you all ate occasionally making conversation here and there. You finished your meals, payed and left the restaurant.

You ended up falling back without realising it, deep in thought about things happening in your life. You were happy for Juvia and the time she was able to spend with Gray but part of you wished that could be you instead. Smiling at him, laughing with him, going on a date with him. But if you did those things they could break Juvia’s heart and ultimately your friendship.

“Hey are you ok? you seemed to have dropped back a bit.” someone said to you. You stepped out of your train of thought and looked at who was talking to you, it was Gray. You blushed lightly and looked away.

“Yeah I’m fine you replied, just thinking.” you say in the most natural voice you could manage, “where are Juvia and Laxus?” you ask.

“Oh them they had something important to do so they went off somewhere,” he said, you frowned and tried to think of what business they might have together.

“So anyway (Y/N) can I ask you something?” Gray said in a quiet manner. You looked over at him curiously and nodded carefully.

He sighed and breathed in deeply, “The thing is,” he says nervously while rubbing the back of his neck, “I have liked you for a long time now and I know you probably don’t feel the same way since you always support Juvia and don’t see me as more then a friend then I guess I just really needed to get this feeling off of my chest,” he stops midway through his sentence as you hug him.

“thank you,” you say, “thank you so much, thank you thank you thank you.” you manage to say in-between sobs. “You have no idea how much this means to me.” you say as you continue to hug him. He wraps his arms around you and you both stay like this for a while until he says, “we better go find Juvia and Laxus otherwise they might wonder where we went.” you nod as he walks away and think to yourself, maybe just maybe you could be in a relationship with him. There was still the problem with Juvia but if she was really your best friend she would let you go out with Gray. You ran to catch up to him and for the first time in a while your heart felt light and fluttery.