Gaara x Reader : School isn't all bad (Naruto)

~!Hey Yukki here! It is finally done!! woo hoo also I am crowded a bit with requests so wait patiently please! Sorry if this is a bit short (I might do a second part later) and Gaara may be a bit OOC-ish but I guess I thought this is what this chapter should be like. Hope you enjoy it! REMEMBER TO REQUEST!!! smileses!~

 You kept your head down, that was the way you made it through a day at school. You made sure you weren’t noticed and that not too much attention was bought your way. You were like a ghost attending a human school. 

The reason you never talked and kept to yourself was because you had seen what happens to people who speak out, people who are different. Your twin was diagnosed with cancer at a young age but ignoring her frail build and health she spoke out and did what she thought was best, getting beat up in return.

Your sister died a year ago. Her cancer had taken a turn for the worst, when she died part of you died with her, your hope, your smile, your laugh. All gone. You walked through the halls at school. People laughing and joking about around you.

When you got to class you went to your seat at the back of the room. It wasn’t really your seat but you always sat there so you claimed it as yours. You dropped your bag onto the floor and unzipped it. Pulling out a sketchbook and some pencils you started to draw.

Your mind was only ever at peace when you were drawing, because you could control what was happening in the drawing, you could let all your emotions flow out onto the page without people knowing that the pictures you drew were sometimes about yourself.

The picture you were drawing wasn't one of your best or your worst. It was a picture of a young girl with her hair spread out beneath her and her dress also spread out beneath her, turning into the nature around her. She was beautiful, this picture explained how you were feeling. You felt like you were blending in too well so that no one knew you were there.

That was ok with you but it still hurt. No one there for you, no one asking if you were ok, no one bothering to even talk to you. You were alone in this sad and cruel world. You heard the sound of people slowly making there way into the class room. You didn’t look up, you never did.

You feel the air rush by you as someone sits down next to you. You look up just to see who it is. It could be one of the boys who teases you, a girl who feels sorry for you or maybe one of those girls who likes making your life a living hell.

The person sitting next to you has bright red hair and pale blue eyes surrounded by black. You thought his eyes made him look a bit like a panda. He had a red tattoo on his forehead. You then realised who he was. He was the most popular boy in your year. The only ever boy you actually took interest in or notice of. 

Like most of the girls in your year you were in love with him. A lot. He was so cute, perfect and good at everything. You blush as you realise you have been staring and go back to your drawing willing him to go away.

Gaara was his name and it suited him perfectly, he stays there even when the rest of his friends come in. Even when Suzuko the girl who will make your life hell if you go near him comes in. Even when the teacher comes in, he is still there. You wondered what was happening, why was he sitting next to you of all people?

Class started and he stayed sitting there. Your teacher called the roll and did the normal morning notices. You had extended form today so you would stay there and draw while others would chat or play games. 

“Hey, can I see your drawing?” Gaara whispers to you.

You nod slowly and show him the picture he whistles and says, “Wow your good!” a light blush spreads across your cheeks and you just smile and nod at him, not trusting your voice. You go back to drawing realising that he is watching you.

You both stay like that the whole time. Occasionally exchanging a few words but normally you were both silent, it was a nice silence not a dark eery one. When the bell went his friends crowded around him and they all headed off to their next class. “Bye,” he says to you. 

“Bye,” you say back, while packing your bag. You didn’t realise but a faint smile had appeared on your face, if only for a split second but it still happened and Gaara hoped you would smile again.

~Le time skip to After School by my magical kitten Ebony who can speak!~

You were cornered, there was no way out of this now. Why they were cornering you, you didn't know but it made you scared and angry. “You shouldn't have done that {BEN DROWNED ahem sorry}” one of the girls said to you.

 “Yeah Gaara doesn't take an interest in girls like you!” another one says. 

You felt the cold hard stone as your back bumped into the wall behind you, “Why are you doing this!?” you half whisper to them.

“Oh don’t you know?” one of them says sweetly, it sickens you, “It’s because for some reason Gaara has taken an interest in you! YOU of ALL people!”

“I…um…” you don't know how to respond. You hold your hands up in defence.

“Stop!” someone shouts out of nowhere. You swear you recognise that voice. 

Gaara steps into view and the three girls surrounding you stop what they are doing and stare. He glares at them and they apologies quickly and run away. Gaaras eyes burning with hatred. He glances at you, “Hey, are you ok?” he says, you sigh and nod at him.

“One question,” you ask, “why did you come to save me and why did you sit with me in class?” 

“Oh that!” he says, “well I guess I wanted to sit next to the girl I like and if I didn’t save her what sort of a person would I be?” he smiles at you and a light blush spreads across your cheeks.

“Come on lets go back to class,” he says and walks off. Smiling you follow him.