Rogue x Reader : Shadows of the Past (Fairy Tail)

~Hey guys I feel really guilty but you know it's christmas soon and all so I am busy 40 PEOPLE coming over on christmas day for me! so please forgive and heres the next one-shot!~Yukki!~

Also do you think I should make this into 2 parts? just curios on whether or not to.

You took a deep breathe in as you walked up to the door of the famous guild sabertooth. Today was the day you were going to see him again. After all this time, you thought. You smiled to yourself and pushed the door open.

The guilds master immediately looked at you, you looked back and walked up to him. You weren’t afraid you weren’t part of the guild yet so he couldn’t do anything to you. “What do you want?” The guild master asked you as soon as you had stopped in front of him. “I’m just here to ask to join your guild.” you reply bowing slightly as you do.

The master looked at you sternly and finally nodded, “You can join the guild.” he said. He ushered for you to go and you muttered a small thank you before doing so. 

You got your guild mark on your neck because you thought it would look best on you there. A pretty girl with white hair came up to you, “Hello my name is Yukino it is nice to meet you,” she says giving you a small smile. You smile back and say, “My name is (Y/N) nice to meet you too”

She asks you to join her and her friends at a table. You agree and follow her over there. Yukino then introduces you to her friends, “This is orga and this is rufus,” she says pointing to two male mages, “We also have sting and rogue and their exceeds but they are off on a mission at the moment and should be back soon.” 

You sit down next to Yukino and opposite rufus. You get to know them all and they get to know you, after a while you feel like you fit in reasonably well. You liked this group of people and hoped to be able to stay friends with them while you were part of this guild.

Yukino and you took your attention over to the guild doors opening, someone was coming in. It was sting and rogue, it looked like they had completed another mission, “Well done.”the master boomed and everyone cheered. You smiled as you looked at rogue he hadn’t changed much since then.

Rogue looked over to where you were sitting and his eyes locked with yours, in a flustered state you quickly looked away and busied yourself with studying the little ladybug that was crawling across the table.

~~~Rogues POV~~~

I looked around the guild looking at who was here and who wasn’t when I saw a new girl she was sitting next to Yukino and seemed to be looking at me. She quickly looked away though so I didn’t get a proper look at what she looked like but I felt like I should know her.

“Hey rogue, buddy, snap out of it!” Sting said to me. I shook my head and asked him what was wrong. “No nothing’s wrong I just wanted to know what you were staring at.” I just shook my head and looked at Sting to tell him I was fine and that I had just zoned out for a second.

Sting shrugged and headed over to the table where Yukino, Orga, Rufus and that girl was sitting. Reluctantly I followed sting over there. Sting sat next to yukino and orga and rufus pulled me to sit down between them.

I looked over at the girl and this time I got a better look at her, her skin was so pale and her eyes were beautiful. Her (H/L) (H/C) was beautiful. I reluctantly looked away because staring at her might get me into something.

Yukino starts off a conversation, “Ok so everyone this is (Y/N) (L/N) and she just joined sabertooth.” I looked over at her again and a small light in my brain flickered, I know her but from where I couldn’t put my finger on.

~~3RD person or whatever POV~~

Yukino introduced you to sting and rogue and you smiled. “What sort of magic do you have!?” sting asked. “I have a rare sort of magic called muse magic” Sting looked at you confused and rogue sighed, “She uses music to make her magic” rogue said to sting and stings eyes lit up in understanding.

You nodded at rogue thankfully and he just nodded back. Butterflies flew into your tummy and you wondered what the hell you were feeling but were knocked out of your trail of thoughts as Sting asked you another question, “Do you want to go on a job with us?!” he said. You smiled brightly and nodded. Sting laughed and said, “I guess thats a yes I’m going to go look for one we can go on tomorrow!” 

Yukino sighed and said, “I better go make sure he doesn’t pick one thats too hard after all it is your first time.” She stood up and left. “We better go too, we have a job to do come on orga” rufus said standing up and leaving with org in close pursuit.

It was just you and rogue now and nothing could make this situation more awkward then it already was. Sighing you looked down at your glass like it was the most interesting thing in the world. You tapped the edge of it nervously and silently hoped Sting and Yukino would hurry up.

Rogue sighed and leaned over towards you, “(Y/N) I’ve been wondering something.” he says to you. Looking up you cautiously ask, “What is it?” 

“Have we met before?” He says hiz voice full of curiosity.

You stare at him and look away, “yes” you whisper silently, “but that was a long time ago” you sigh the past was ugly and you didn’t really want to go there.

“What do you mean?” he whispers softly back. Curiosity filled up his eyes.

You looked away, shadows of the past flashed in your eyes, “It was a long time ago but we were good friends, I-I don’t know what happened but one day you completely forgot about me,” by this moment in time your eyes had filled up with tears and you were struggling to hold them back, “you didn’t remember anything about the fun we shared or the sad times we had. Everything was gone. I was puzzled nothing made sense so I went up to you and asked you what was wrong but you looked at me strangely and pushed me onto the floor. You started to kick and punch me, scared I ran for it and never went back to see you or anything. You were different and I didn’t want to accept that fact.”

You felt a pair of arms wrap around you as you finished, “I’m so sorry.” rogue whispered into your ear.

You shake your head, “It’s ok I know it wasn’t your fault.”

“I still put you through the pain of enduring it all and for that I am sorry, so so sorry.” rogue replied.

You slowly bring  your arms up and hug rogue back. You felt safe like this, like you had never before. It was nice to let all that out. You smiled and ignored the stares you and rogue were getting. You promised yourself that you would find out what happened to rogue all those years ago and why it happened but for now you just wanted to stay hugging rogue forever.