Ayato x Reader : My saviour (Tokyo Ghoul)

~This one-shot is dedicated to myself (Yukki) XD I am in love with him so I decided to make a one shot about him! Since there aren't many out there! Also sorry if its depressing! Don't worry Tay I am working on the Hikaru x Reader one it should be the next one up probs. ^-^ Remember to request!~

You glanced up from where you were kneeling. You were trembling, not just because it was pouring, but because you were afraid. Your heart was racing, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, was the sound it made. Your knees were sore and the soles of your feet had blisters from running too much. 

You could hear someone crashing through the undergrowth making their way towards you. You struggled to get up, afraid they would catch you. Your feet slipping out from under you. Your hand slipped against the bark of a tree you were resting against. You fell to the floor.

The fall racked your body, your breathe was coming out in short rapid gasps for air but once again you tried to get up. This time though you managed to get up and start running, you ran out of the park and onto the streets. You managed to run down a deserted allyway only to realise that it was a dead end.

You spun around a million thoughts entered your head. This was not a position you wanted to be in. Why did you have to run away? It was because you were angry with him, a voice inside your head whispered. You were angry with him so without thinking you ran. Not anticipating though running into Aogiri Tree’s nemesis, the CCG.

You growled, blood from a wound on your arm making a small puddle on the floor. Your Kagune appeared out of your back. Your kagune was shaped like the tail of a fox and was very long. The 5 CCG members walked up to you grinning from ear to ear. They knew they would win it was 5 to 1 after all.

The fight started, you were in no position to fight so at the moment you were just dodging their attacks but you couldn’t hold out forever you knew that. After a while their attacks became stronger and more aggressive as they were tired of playing games with you. 

You could see one of them taking out a gun, you hadn’t seen this gun before and it looked very menacing and powerful. You tried to whip your tail around in time to block the shot but you were too late, there was a bang…

~Ayato’s POV~

“Ayato members of the CCG have been sighted.” someone spoke to me I turned around and replied, “I’ll take care of them I need to find her anyway.” I got up and beckoned for Jason to come with me. 

We had been wandering around for some time when we found the CCG’s. Believe me I was happy we found them but what I was not happy about was that she was with them, backed into an allyway, running out of stamina. I ran to the alleyway but I was too late.

They had pulled the gun out and shot her, right through her heart. Her body flew back and hit the wall. She was lying there, on the ground, her body wasn’t moving. In a fit of rage a ran forward faster then before and showing no mercy I killed all 5 of the CCG members.

My head was spinning, my heart was pounding. “Looks like you didn’t need me.” Jason said behind me. I ignored him and ran over to where (Y/N) lay. Her hair was draped over her face and lay in the pool of blood that was getting bigger from underneath her.

I fell to the ground next to her and cradled her in my arms. My heart had never felt this way before. I couldn’t live with myself if she died before I said sorry. Her head slowly moved and her eyes fluttered open and looked at me. A small smile formed on her face.

Her hand reached up and cradled my cheek, tears started to stream down my face. “Hey, don’t cry…you’re going to…to make me cry…as well.” she said to me her voice shaking as she tried to say the words. “Don’t be stupid you’re crying as well!” I replied, I tried to give her a small smile to reassure her. “You…you know I won’t make it…Ay-Kun.” She said softly. “Don’t think like that (Y/N) of course you will. You can’t leave me. The last thing we did was argue over something stupid. I’m sorry, … I’m so so sorry.” I said to her my tears flowing more freely now.

Her breathing was slowing. “Hey Ayato…” she said. I managed a small smile this was the first time she had said my full name, “What is it?” I asked her. “Please make sure that sometime... in the future that humans and ghouls will live in peace. Also please don’t...don't worry about me, I’ll be fine... worry about yourself and others around you..., protect them like you have... protected me.”

“But I didn’t do all too well at protecting you,” I said through sobs. “Yes you did, it was my stupid actions that made me run... away and that... made me get shot.” she said while smiling through her pain. “I’ve never told you... this but I love you... Ayato, I always have and always... will. Live for the both of us ok?... and remember I will... always... love you...” these were her last words, the last words I would ever hear her say. “I love you too…” I whispered to her, but I knew she was already gone and she couldnt have heard me, yet her face formed a small smile.