I Lift My Eyes Unto the Hills

At the festival
----------------------------

The children bowed and curtsied and the Captain looked at his wife and nodded in reassurance to which she smiled. Max began to announce what the plan was for the Captain to join the Navy and then handed him the guitar

(Cue edelweiss reprise. Honestly I feel there's enough emotion to tell the story so when we pick up its so long farewell)

Kurt and Marta sang their part and shot quick glances at their mother and walked calmly to the exit and then sprinted to the car

Kurt and Marta sang their part and shot quick glances at their mother and walked calmly to the exit and then sprinted to the car. Next was Friedrich and Liesl who looked back, they were supposed to be the strongest but they were honestly terrified. After that Louisa and Brigitta joined hands and ran to the car.

"I'm scared" Brigitta said jumping in.

"It's okay" Liesl shook a little "we all are, but we have to trust mother and Father.

"And God" Marta prayed as she squeezed between Liesl and Friedrich. Gretl came trotting out and Liesl snatched her and set her on her lap. Brigitta was going to have to squeeze in the front.

The adults emerged walking hand in hand. The Captain raised Maria's hand and kissed it quickly before letting go and they got in the car.

"Alright" the captain began as he put the car in gear "when we get there you have to be quiet"

There was a silent response of nods.

"What if we get caught" Brigitta asked and Louisa and Kurt stiffened.

"Don't think like that" Maria said wrapping her arm around the girl.

"You run" the Captain stated.

"But father" Liesl began

"Liesl" he said firmly "you run"

They arrived at Nonnberg and rang the bell. Sister Bertha answered "oh my heavens Maria" she opened the gate. "The town's gone rampant looking for you all"

"What is it?" The mother abbess appeared with a couple other sisters.

"Mother" Maria grabbed her hands "please" was all she could say. The mother glanced back at the people behind the young woman at the concerned man and the seven anxious faces "it's my family, they're my life" she said remembering the conversation before she was sent out all those months ago.

"Of course, come" she said and led them to a column with a corner. "Wait here and if they come I have another place"

 "Wait here and if they come I have another place"