You Know Something

The next two weeks consisted of intense party preparation. Chefs were hired, decorations were ordered and the ballroom was restored to its former glory. The maids ran rampant under Frau Schmidt and Franz watched over the landscapers as they trimmed bushes and plants. The baroness was undoubtedly in her element and Max was simply enjoying the perks of having rich friends.

The Captain wanted his children to be included in the festivities much to the dismay of the baroness. They compromised and the children could attend, but not for the entirety, however Liesl was exempt if she so wished.

The day of the party was drawing near and the five eldest children were disappointed that not many interesting moments had passed between their father and the governess. Meanwhile the baroness had seen far too many in her opinion. Yet both parties could not witness every gaze or spurt of banter that passed between the pair.

Dresses and Jackets were all ordered and tailored for the children. One day Maria was making sure everything fit them properly as she was the one tailoring with some help from Frau Schmidt. They were gathered in her room and she was buttoning the back of Marta's yellow dress.

"This is so exciting, we've never had a party at our house before" Gretl twirled with giddiness. The three oldest girls sat on the bed and laughed.

"Oh there used to be tons of parties" Friedrich said as he picked his sister up and she stood on his feet and they began to dance around the room.

"One time father brought in an orchestra all the way from Budapest" Liesl remembered.

"Yes, they wore long red coats" Louisa added

"How would you know?" Maria turned and smirked as she finished tying Marta's bow.

"We were too little to be there but Louisa, Friedrich and I would watch from the top of the stairs" Liesl admitted

"Who's idea was that?" She laughed turning toward them

"Mine" Louisa giggled "I started out young"

Maria shook her head and smiled then looked at Brigitta. The girl stepped in front of her governess to get the final measurements for her dress

"Do you get a new dress too?" Brigitta asked Maria

"I'm not really going so there isn't any need" Maria shrugged contentedly "besides I'm thankful for what I have" she added as she reached for a pin.

"Oh that's too bad because blue is father's fav-" Kurt was standing by and gave his sister a look and held out his hand as if to cover her mouth. Brigitta understood. Thankfully Maria hadn't seen since she was retrieving a pin she dropped.

Brigitta received dirty looks from her older siblings. It was hard for her. Yes she was old enough to understand, but at the same time the little girl in her couldn't seem to grasp how in the world her father didn't see what she saw. Also the fact that she couldn't say a word made it that much worse.

Being an older kid is not all it's cracked up to be.

Woot woot, short and sweet. I wanted to include as much from the stage musical as I could, also I just like adding scenes

I know I've been cranking up chapters and it's because I start school soon and I know I won't have as much time. Don't worry the story is finished its just cleaning and editing.

Thank you for reading!!💛💛💛