Chapter 28

She stilled and held her breath as his lips went down on her shoulder. 

She had been too engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't hear him return to the living room again. His hands slid down the length of her body, grabbing her hips from behind and pulled her tight against him.

"You have no idea the things I have desired to do to you ever since I set my eyes on you again." He said huskily as his lips traced the smooth lines of her neck.

She involuntarily arched her neck to the side then inwardly scolded herself not to lose her cool.
But she gave up as pleasure engulfed her body when he promptly turned her around to face him and captured her lips with his.

**

A pang of hurt went through her when he brought out protection. This was a man who had made love to her countless number of times without it in the past.

How life changes.

She was still in a haze of desire as she watched him put it on, his eyes on the rose tattoo in her thigh. He had brought her to a climax with his hands and right now she was more than ready for him judging by the pool of wetness between her legs and the unsatisfied feeling in the lower part of her abdomen.
She wanted him inside her.

He pushed into her wet tightness and groaned in pleasure.
"Damn it, You're fucking sweet."

She wrapped her legs around him, moaning out loud as he thrusted deeper and harder into her.

He took her that night like her body was his drug, his addiction, like he had been starved of her.
And she reciprocated his passion for she had been starved of him and realized she had missed his touch terribly.

*
He rolled off her when they were both satisfied and stood up to go into the bathroom.

She sat up, covering her body with the blanket as the intense climax cleared and she was faced with reality again.

What had she done?

He came back into the bedroom in his naked glory and looked at her with emotionless eyes.
"The contract is yours." He said coolly. "You'll get a call tomorrow morning and an appointment on Monday."

At that moment, she didn't even feel the excitement she had anticipated when he said those words.

She felt cheap instead.

"Th-Thank you." She managed to say.

"I'll be in the living room." He said drily, after putting on his clothes then left the room.

Why was he acting that way?

She felt like screaming out loud. She didn't even know how to feel about what had happened but one thing she was sure of was that the aftermath of their lovemaking had left her feeling cheap even though she had thoroughly enjoyed it. Did that even make sense?

Though she had also gotten what she had wanted. In a way, she had gained more because he had both brought her to the heights of pleasure as well as kept to his words - even though the latter has not been confirmed yet, but she knew that he was a man of his words and never promised what he couldn't do.

She slowly stood up and went into the bathroom to clean up.
After she was done, she caught her reflection in the mirror and stared back at the woman she had become during the years.

A woman that had been through a lot and survived, waxing stronger.

A woman that was shunned and forgotten by the ones she called family.

A woman that was dumped and abandoned by her husband and father of her children.

She squeezed her eyes shut. She was that woman and she had decided that she would let no one step on her ever again.

She promptly got dressed and went into the living room where he sat like the boss that he was sipping a drink from a glass. He looked at her sideways barely acknowledging her presence and turned back to his drink like she was some whore he had paid to have sex with.
She decided she had had enough.

"I do not know why you are acting the way you're, but you know what David? Fuck you."
At that moment, she didn't care whether she still got the contract or not.

She turned to leave the house.

"And where are you going?" He halted her movement.

"Back to my house." She spat. "I actually have one."

"I'll drop you off." He said, surprising her. "You can have your driver pick your car up tomorrow. It's risky to drive back this late."

"It's just 10pm, I've gone home later than that." She lied.

"From where?"

"None of your business."

He made a movement to get up when the door burst open and Chanel sashayed in.

"Baby, I've been calling your number but you haven't been picking up..."
Then she froze when she saw Annabelle and her eyes narrowed into angry slits.

"What.are.you.doing here!?" She snapped in anger.

Annabelle's breathing became difficult but she maintained her cool. She turned on her bossy attitude and lifted her head up.

"Answer me bitch!"

"You sure you really wanna know?" Annabelle asked smiling sweetly.

"Annabelle." David called in a husky but firm voice . A warning to her to stay quiet, but she was far from listening to what he wanted at this time.

"What is she doing here David?" Chanel turned her angry eyes on him, softening a bit.

"I have told you several times to always call me before you come here but you never listen."
He said.

"But I called your phone several times babe!"

"And I didn't answer which should have meant that I wasn't disposed to pick."

"Was it because of her?" Chanel asked lowly.

"It has nothing to do with her." He said, his eyes piercing through her and challenging her.

Game on.

"I ask again, what are you doing here you slut!?" Chanel thundered.

"Giving your man what he had been desiring to have for a long time." She smirked. "My body. Pleasure. Satisfaction."

Chanel gasped and placed her hand on her chest.

"Annabelle!" He growled but that didn't stop her.

"My ex husband is still very much good, if not better in bed." She said sultrily. "He knows just the right places to touch me to bring out the sex monster in me and make me his slut. And I enjoyed every bit of it."

"You bitch!" Chanel made to rush her but David grabbed her arm while she swore and cursed at Annabelle.

Annabelle slowly picked up her handbag, the smile still on her face.
"Goodnight you two." And she turned and left.

He could have the contract not given to her anymore.
She didn't care.

Really short, I know. Sorry, will make it up to y'all. And sorry for the late update. Been so busy.