Chapter 34

After some digging, they found out that a pap had overheard her heated exchange with Dominic the previous night.

The idiot had been hiding behind a huge pillar undetected. He had come into the balcony when he heard the commotion and knew that what he found would make an extremely juicy and viral topic.

"It's not your fault my dear, stop blaming yourself." Ingrid consoled.

"How could I have exposed my kids to such kind of publicity?" She lamented. "You know these vultures mother, they won't let us have a moment of peace from now on."

"Everything will be fine Ann." Ingrid soothed. "But you have to stop blaming yourself first."

She paused. "Do you think he'd have heard?"

"He should have." Ingrid replied. She rubbed Annabelle's arms soothingly. "And whatever happens from now, know that you will never be alone. The children and I will always be here for you."

She nodded, accepting her mother's embrace. "Thank you."

***
"Has he called you yet?" Ingrid asked after they had finished lunch and the children gone upstairs.

Annabelle nodded, aware that Ingrid was talking about Dominic. "Yes he has but I haven't taken any of his calls. I'm just not ready to talk about last night yet. I know I hurt him with my words but he pushed me."

"Whenever you're ready dear." Ingrid said. "But it's a good thing you stood up for yourself. That'll make him think twice if he ever considers talking to you like that again. Atta girl!"
They both laughed.

❤️💎❤️

Annabelle closed her laptop and was set to go for lunch with Dominic.

Dominic had deeply apologized for all he had said to her on the night of the charity event. He had blamed it on alcohol and jealousy and she knew that the two mixed together could cause havoc.

She forgave him and had apologized to him too for speaking the way she had to him and he asked her to lunch on that Monday afternoon if she had really forgiven him.

She grabbed her bag and was about to leave when her secretary slowly walked into her office looking flushed.

"Madam." She said, scratching her head nervously.

"What is it Darlene?" Annabelle asked as she paused. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine madam, perfect!" She grinned stupidly.

Annabelle looked at her in amusement. "Out with it."

"Uh madam, someone is here to see you." She said.

"And who might that be?"

"Wellll," she said nervously. "He didn't really give me his name but I know who is."

"Out with it Darlene, I don't have all day." Annabelle said tiredly.

"Yes madam." The secretary scratched her hair again. "Uh..."

"Thank you very much Darlene, I'll take it from here." His deep voice filled the office as he walked in.

Annabelle stiffened. She missed the apologetic look on the secretary's face as she left the office.

He was looking dashing as usual in a dark suit that screamed 'Armani.'

She maintained a confident stance. "What do you want?"

"Don't pretend you do not know why I'm here." He said coldly, a scowl on his face.

"Pray tell, because I don't!" She snapped.