Chapter 40

Dedicated to @promisenjamba
Your supports on this story is golden 🥰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She couldn't believe her ears. Found it difficult to believe.
"David I...I can't believe you felt that way about me." She almost whispered. "I had always thought you just disliked me for no reason or reasons best known to you, giving the way you had always distanced yourself from me after you returned at that time."

"Far from it." He said firmly. "I was only afraid of my feelings and desire for you and more afraid that I could lose the little self control I had if I didn't put a good distance between the two of us. Belle, it has only always been you and will always be you. That's why I couldn't bear the pain that burned through me when I saw you in bed with Dominic."

"David, I never had sex with Dominic after we got married. I know you might find it hard to believe but..."

"I know." He said.

She blinked. "You do?"

He nodded. "I overheard him telling Lydia that nothing had happened between you two on the occasions that I saw you both in his house together. He only made it seem so to spite me."

Exactly! That was something Dominic was  capable of. She stilled when she registered the   remaining words.

"Wait, you overhead him telling Lydia that?" She asked in confusion. "Why would be be having that kind of discussion with my younger sister?"

David scowled then took a deep breath.
"He's not who you think he is."

She looked at him with wide curious eyes. "What are you talking about?"

He hesitated, his expression softening. "I wouldn't want you to hurt you with this knowledge..."

"Say it David," she interrupted. "I do not want to be kept in the dark about anything concerning me anymore."

He sighed again. Then the scowl suddenly returned to his face. "That b*stard was the one you had caught in bed with Lydia thinking it was me all those years ago."

Annabelle froze in shock. "What? I thought she said it was her boyfriend D, as in Damian?"

"Nope," He shook his head. "It was Dominic. The 'D' was Dominic. And that affair wasn't the first nor the last time it had happened. Belle he...he had connived with Lydia and Monalisa to stage the last incident that had caused our divorce. They didn't talk about how they achieved that but...they succeeded." He finished regretfully, remembering how he had doubted and wrongfully accused her when he saw her in Dominic's bed.

Annabelle covered her mouth in horror. Dominic who had acted as her strength and comforter back then had been sleeping with her sister? If she had heard this elsewhere, she wouldn't have believed it.

She wasn't hurt, just shocked. Well if she had found about it at that time, she probably would have been hurt.

So Dominic had also been an enemy.

"How and when did you learn of these?" She asked.

"It was on the night of that party hosted by the Eagles." He said. "Lydia was in that party."

"Really?" Annabelle frowned. "What was she doing there?"

"Apparently, he had invited her." He said, then frowned. "I think you and Samuels had a fight at the balcony that night, because when we walked  in on them both undetected, he was angrily complaining to her on how stubborn and difficult you were and how you had hurled insults at him."

"We?" She asked.

"Derek was with me." He replied.

"Oh." Annabelle muttered then scowled. "Well, Dominic deserved everything I said to him that night."