Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to morendarulsalam

Annabelle let him kiss her. She moved her lips in sync with his, barring out the voices telling her this was wrong and listening to the one telling her that it was Dominic she loved and besides that, her supposed husband had no respect for her as he still kept his mistress even after he was married.

But then again, she wasn't David. As much as she enjoyed kissing Dominic and loved the feel of his arms around her, she knew of the sacredness of matrimony and respected it, as well as the vows she made with David.
Even if David didn't stand by them, she would.

As the kiss begun to deepen, she pulled away and Dominic frowned.

"What's wrong, baby?"
He asked softly.

"This." She replied. "This is wrong, Dominic."

"But Anna..." He started taking a step towards her and she instinctively took a step backward.

"No Dom," she said calmly. "Everything about this is bad. I'm a married woman for heaven's sake."

"But you don't love him, Ann. I know you don't."

"But the fact still remains that I am married, Dominic."

Dominic turned away from her, scratching his head in frustration.

She reached out and touched his shoulder.
"Dominic..."

"Have you fallen in love with him, Anna?" He asked angrily.

"No! No I haven't. You know I...I still love you, but there are some certain things we can't be doing while am still married to him. We can always be together again, after the divorce."
Annabelle reasoned.

"But three years..."

"Just be patient, Dom." She whispered. "Please."

He sighed heavily, then turned to face her.
"It's okay, I understand." He said. "I'm sorry I kissed you. You know I find it hard to control myself sometimes when am alone with you. I'm sorry."

She gave a small smile. "It's okay. And thank you for understanding."

He smiled back and nodded. "How about we watch a movie together, before you go?"

She grinned. "Sounds good."

***

It was a couple of minutes before ten when she got home. She opened the door with her key and went upstairs. The master bedroom was dark but she didn't bother putting on the light because the moon faintly illuminated the room through the windows.

She stripped off her clothes and shoes and was reaching for a towel when the light suddenly came on and she shrieked, snatching the towel to cover the frontal parts of her body before she looked to see who had flicked on the light.
Her eyes widened when she saw David. She didn't even know he was around.

"What the heck do you think you're doing? And how long have you been here?"

His eyes briefly ran down her barely clad body before meeting her eyes.

Was it her? Or did his eyes just darken with an emotion that's not anger? Like desire?

He cleared his throat. "Been here since seven pm, waiting for my lovely wife to come back from wherever she went to."

"And I don't remember asking my wonderful husband to wait up for me."
She said in the same tone. "I wasn't even expecting you'd be here."

"So that's why you went to have a little fun right?" He asked. "Because you thought I won't be coming home tonight?"