Chapter 26

She couldn't do that. She wouldn't!

Yes, she wanted that contract so bad but she could never ask David for help. She didn't want to be indebted to him. And she would surely be indebted to him if he helped her get it.

Why David of all people!?

She almost screamed in frustration. What would she do?

She really needed that contract. Was almost even desperate for it.

But why through him?

She sighed and sat down on the bed. She would have to think of what to do and how to go around it.

She thought it through for a long time and decided that she didn't have any other option but to talk to David. She did have a choice not to but she couldn't even consider it!

She might just end up contacting him.
The bastard.

❤️❤️💎

"We may have discovered a way to put us on the frontline of getting the LV contract." Annabelle told Ingrid as they sat in the living room having tea,

Ingrid's forehead creased slightly. "Really? How do you intend to achieve that?"

Annabelle sighed for the umpteenth time since the previous day. "Through a VIP recommendation." She rolled her eyes.

"What VIP recommendation?" Ingrid asked, confused.

"Well John called and told me about an idea that had occurred to him." She started. "He said there was another way out in getting the contract and it was been recommended by someone who has some high influence and connections with the brand and he already had someone in mind."

"Well that's good news!" Ingrid grinned. "Did he tell you who the person is?"

Annabelle hesitated. It was now or never.

She looked away.
"David Maxwell." She said drily. "My ex husband."

She didn't look at Ingrid but knew the smile had been wiped off her face.

"David? Of all people?" Ingrid muttered, more to herself.

"Mum please don't worry." Annabelle said softly. "I'll get us that contract even if it means trying to reason with David to assist us."

"But my baby girl, I can't subject you to that..." Ingrid started but Annabelle interrupted.

"Muum, come on." She said. "I will do it. I have decided to."

Ingrid took her hands in hers. "But the company will be taking advantage of you and I don't want that..."

"Mum." Annabelle gently interrupted. "Just let me handle this okay? I will be fine."

Ingrid nodded hesitantly. "But if he mocks or insults you in any way, do not hesitate to withdraw and let me know."

Annabelle smiled and nodded. "Okay."

She never knew she would get so lucky. Being with her real mother was one of the best things that had happened to her.

That night, after she put the children to sleep, she pondered on the decision she had made, wondering for the umpteenth time if she had made the right one.
Well, it was already too late to turn back because her secretary had already set an appointment with him in two days.

She would see him again in two days. Two days!

She sighed wearily, she couldn't wait to get it over with.