Chapter 27

She gasped.

She didn't know what she had expected he would ask for in return but it was definitely not this.

Her body? Of all things? Does that even mean she was still desirable to him?

No, she couldn't let him have her body like that again!
He would surely intoxicate her and it would be difficult to get him off her system again.
She didn't want to get under his spell. Again.

"I - I," She shook her head. "Isn't there something else I could do, David?"

He shrugged. "None that I can think of." He said sitting back, his frame following the rhythm of his swivel chair.

She couldn't risk this. The last thing she wanted was to start having wet dreams that featured him or the thoughts of him and the sex occupying her head.
He would make her addicted to him. She knew him.

"I can't sleep with you, David." She said calmly but firmly. "There has to be something else I could do."

His face gave away no reaction or emotion. Just expressionless.
"You have nothing that I want or desire, Annabelle." He said smoothly. "Nothing but your body."

"But you have a fiancée." She tried again.

"And that's my problem, not yours." He said smoothly.

"I - I can't..."

"I'm not forcing you," he interrupted. "I would never do that."

"You can't do this to me David." She almost wailed.

"I have given you my terms," he said. "Take it or leave it."  He said dismissively.

She became quiet when she saw his seriousness and knew that nothing was going to change his mind.

"Can I give you an answer later?" She asked.

"Take your time," he said. "Do remember though, that time is running out."

❤️❤️💎

She couldn't even tell her mother about it. Ingrid would never agree to let her daughter do that for a contract.

She was torn between doing what she craved and not doing it at the same time to avoid certain risks.

And the biggest problem of all was that, she was still attracted to him and desired him too. And the last thing she wanted was giving in to temptation, because David was temptation itself in human flesh and sometimes giving in to temptation could turn out to be one's downfall.

Was fate working against her? She remembered what had transpired between David and herself at the restroom in the restaurant almost two weeks ago.

*flashback*

"Not so fast darling." He smirked. "I know you can't wait to touch me but I'd rather have those hands on my body in a more gentle or sexually violent manner."

"Bastard." She gritted then sharply pulled her arm away from his hold. "That'll be over my dead body!"

He laughed.
"Never say never my dear." He said smoothly. "If I want you again, believe me I'll have you."