Chapter 19

Their marriage had been annulled.

David had had his mind made up.

She had tried several times to reason with him, but he wouldn't even see her.

She had called and sent various text messages, but he had replied none and had later blocked her.

The only day she had seen him up close again was the day she finally agreed to sign the divorce papers after a month, to set him free as he wanted. 
She had also put in a word to his father that it was her fault that the contract was broken. And that he should still retain his son as the company's President.

David's mother was joyous at the turn of events.

Dominic had been trying to reach her but she had blocked him from reaching her.

She had rejected the apartment David had given to her, as well as all the money he had ordered be given to her.

After she was thrown out of the house, Lydia following her, they both went back to their family home and from there she had tried all to no avail to reach out to him.

Her mother who had arrived some weeks back had been more than angry. She had threatened to do something rash if Annabelle failed to get David back.

And she failed.

Her fingers shook as she signed her marriage away. Tears filled her eyes but she refused to let them spill. Who would comfort her anyway? She had never felt so alone in her life.

Even while the signing was going on, he never looked at her even once. And once the signing was over, he abruptly left the place like he couldn't bear to be in the same place with her.

It was over.

She slowly walked back home dreading what awaited her there and also encouraged herself to be strong for whatever might lie ahead as she placed her hand on her still flat stomach.

She couldn't even bear to tell him that she was carrying his child.

She was eight weeks pregnant and nobody but her and the doctor knew about the pregnancy.

❤️❤️❤️

"...I said you should pack your things and get out of this house now!" Monalisa snapped loudly.

Annabelle stood staring at her mother, wondering whether the woman had really given birth to her.

"From today onwards, I disown you as my daughter." Monalisa continued. "I never want you to come back here again!"

"Mum, don't you think that's going a bit too far?" Lydia said nonchalantly, not taking her eyes away from her iPad.

"She deserves it! After everything your father and even I have done for you, this is how you repay me? Out!"

Two medium sized suitcases followed her out of the house that night.

She walked on the streets like a walking dead with no idea where she was going.

Tears blurred her eyes as she feared for her unborn child's future. How would she care for herself during this phase of her pregnancy and raise the baby when it's born?