Chapter 8

It was a hot sunny Sunday and a very quiet one.
Annabelle had stayed indoors in the bedroom doing some work in her laptop while David was on his study.

She yawned as hunger took over and stretched her stiff limbs. With her reading glasses still on, she stepped out of the room and padded to the kitchen to get some food.
She stopped at the corridor where David's home office was located and decided to ask him if he was ready to eat as well.
It meant a lot to her that he was here in the house with her today. In fact, since that day they had slept in the same bed, in each others arms for the first time, David had been coming home often. He never spent a night outside the house again and she was grateful for that. She didn't know if he still saw Chanel during the day but even if he was, it was better than spending the night with her.

She knocked on the door and he permitted her to enter.
He looked up as she entered ignoring the files that almost covered the table and the laptop.

"Hey." She said with a small smile and he returned the gesture. "I was wondering if you were feeling hungry, because I am and I'm ready to eat."

He nodded.
"Alright, just give me a minute. I'll be out shortly."

"Okay." She replied and left the room, happy that he didn't turn her down.

After the meal, in which polite conversation was had, David retired to his office once more and Annabelle sought the swimming pool.

The day was still quite sunny, so she applied sunscreen and picked a two piece swim suit in black, a white towel, sunshades and a pack of juice.

She lay down on one of the lounges which had a shade and sipped her juice while watching posts on Instagram. Minutes later, she stood up, took off the towel, counted to ten and dived into the refreshing water.

***

David had noticed movement through the window that overlooked the swimming pool and turned to see who or what it was.

He saw his wife lying on the lounge and sipping a glass of juice as she operated her phone. A white towel was wrapped loosely around her body and he found himself imagining her without it.
As if she had felt him watching her from the distance, she stood up and took off the towel.

Holy balls! He didn't know when he stood up and walked to the window to get a better view of the sexy vixen. She was in nothing but a black bikini which revealed a very generous amount of light creamy skin and killer curves.

He noticed a part of his body getting hard and erect between his legs and groaned.

If he walked out there right now, carried her in his arms into the house and their bedroom and make mad love to her until she forgot her own name, would it be wrong? She was his wife, right?

He didn't know he was still gaping until she splashed in the pool, moving those curves in perfect rhythm like she was born for the water.

For the umpteenth time, he wished he was at least, in bed terms with his wife. So that he could ravish her without second thoughts in times like this.

He thought of her ex, Dominic Samuels and a scowl covered his face. If he were a killer, he would have killed the bastard a long time ago.
So this was what the idiot had been enjoying and was probably still enjoying. His wife! His!

He kept watching her swim. He couldn't believe he hadn't touched her since they were married. He, David Maxwell had been in a house alone with a very beautiful woman for over a month and hadn't touched her. Hell, they haven't even kissed!

Well he was going to remedy that soon.

He frowned when he noticed a man walking slowly towards Annabelle with a smirk on his face.