Chapter 2: Meeting the Group

Kirsty looked at me like a kid on Christmas. "Can we Grace please!?"

"Sure. What could go wrong?" I muttered the last part to myself. Jesse picked up my tray and started to walk away as Kirsty piled her food back on hers. I sighed as I stood up.

"You know we don't have to go if you don't want to." Kirsty said suddenly standing next to me. I smiled at her.

"Don't worry about it. I just hate my brother some times. He has the weirdest friends." I looked at the table he was walking over to.

"Only one way to find out." She shrugged pulling me to the table. Jesse smiled at me as I sat down.

"Guys this is my sister Grace and her friend Kirsty." He smiled at Kirsty and me. "Girls this is Cooper," He pointed to a guy with a blonde hair that had small curls. He had these amazing dark blue eyes that were about navy. I smiled at him. "This Taylor," He pointed to a guy with a brown hair buzz cut. He had blue eyes and a good tan. "That's his girlfriend Amber." He pointed to a girl with wavy brown hair with brown eyes. She was about 5' 3. I smiled at them. "Then we have Nick, Amber's brother, and his girl friend Miranda." Nick looked just like Amber but tall and muscular. Miranda had dark brown, almost black, with red highlights. She has hazel eyes and was about 5'4.

"Hi." I smiled slapping Jesse's hand again as he tried to get my food. "Stop it Jesse." I grunted at him.

"Sorry." He smiled. I shook my head at him.

"No you're not." I pouted eating fry.

"So you just moved here?" Taylor asked stopping our little rant at each other. I nodded at him rolling my eyes handing Jesse my food giving up protecting it.

"Yeah I just moved into my Uncles house as that thing," I pointed at Jesse, "moved in last week."

"But why your Uncle's house?" Nick asked putting his arm around Miranda waist.

"My Dad is at war and I didn't feel like living with my Grandpa again and Uncle Charlie said it would be okay since I lived there when I was 11." I nodded taking a sip of my soda.

"You're Dads at war?" Cooper asked watching my face.

"Yeah he is a Marine. Jesse didn't tell you guys?" I asked confused looking at my brother as he stuffed his face.

"No, Jesse never told us that." Nick looked over at Jesse who was now talking to Kirsty, well he was more or less flirting and she was blushing. I shrugged at Nick.

"I don't know where my parents went wrong with him." I said in mock disappointment.

"Don't you just love how Brothers and sisters act toward each other?" Mir laughed. Amber smirked.

"Oh yeah. Nick and I are the same way." Amber smiled at me. I laughed.

"Oh yeah," I high-fived Amber laughing. Kirsty looked at her watch then at me.

"Come on we have class soon. We should go." She smiled.

"Where are you guys going?" Mir asked.

"11 Science," Kirsty said.

"Hey that's where I'm going next!" Amber smiled.

"Hey me too;" Mir smiled.

"Cool you should come with us." I smiled with a shrug.

"Okay hold on." Mir kissed Nick as Amber kissed Taylor bye. "Okay let's go."

"Bye Jesse." Kirsty smiled. Jesse smiled her and I raise my eyebrow. He winked at me.

"It was good to meet you Grace." Cooper smiled making his navy blue eyes shine.

"You too; Nice to meet you too Nick and Taylor." I smiled.

"You too." They said together. I walked out with Amber, Kirsty, and Miranda to our science class........

My first day was fine. I'm now close with Amber, Miranda, but most of all Kirsty. I got in the house by myself, because he had something to do. Really I don't know what is wrong with him. "Grace is that you?" I heard Uncle Charlie call out.

"Yeah Uncle Char. What's up?" I asked walking into his office.

"How was your first day?" He asked leaning back in his chair.

"It was good. I made some new friends." I nodded. Uncle Charlie smiled.

"That's good Kiddo! Now I want to take you somewhere." He smiled. He got out of his chair, and grabbed his key. I put my back pack down and fallowed him out.

"Uncle Charlie, where are we going?" I asked as he drove us out of town.

"Well you remember when you were little and you always wanted a dog." I nodded not understanding what he was getting at. "Well since you will be living here with me and Jesse and I can't always be home we thought, your father, Jesse, and me, thought about getting you one." He looked at me fast, then at the road again.

"You're getting me a dog?" I asked shocked.

"Well a puppy. A buddy of mine's dog had puppies and when I said I was looking for a puppy for you he offered to give you one." Uncle Charlie said as he pulled into a driveway of a farm. "What do you think?"

"You got me a puppy?" I asked again making sure I heard him right. He laughed.

"Yes I did, now come on and choose the little guy."

"Or girl." I laughed. A woman comes out of the house smiling.

"You must be Grace." She smiled. "You can call me Mrs. Lukes."

"Hello Mrs. Lukes." I smile. She shook my hand.

"Well the puppies are in the barn I will show you." She took us to a red barn that had the door slightly open. I could hear puppies' yelps making me beam.

"We have 4 girls and 2 boys." She said as she opened the door. I walked over to the pen that the puppies were in and looked inside. I saw 6 puppies running around. I saw one puppy trying to make on a bigger puppy, causing the big one to bite it. I pulled the bigger puppy off the little one and put it down as it ran to play with the others. I stepped into the pen and sat down. The puppy ran on to my lap.

"Aw aren't you cute." I rubbed its head.

"I see the runt likes you. Poor little guy doesn't fit in with the others." She said leaning on the barn door watching me.

"Can we get him Uncle Charlie?" I asked rubbing his stomach.

"Sure Gracie."

"You can take him now if you want. He's ready." She said walking back to the house. I picked the puppy up and walked out with Uncle Charlie.

"What you going to name him Patty?" Uncle Charlie asked as we got in the car. I sat there with him on my lap.

"What to call you. What to call you." I mumbled to myself petting the puppy in my arms.