Chapter 43: At 0700

I woke to the feel of kisses being trailed down from my hair line to my forehead over the tip of my nose down my lips to my throat. “Good Morning Beautiful.” He whispered into the soft skin.

“Go Away.” I groaned pulling the pillow over my face.

“Come on Baby. Come on time to wake up.” He laughed pulling the pillow away.

“No I don’t want to.” I smacked at his hands. He grabbed my hands in his and leaned down to kiss me.

“Sorry Baby, but I’m on strict orders from your Grandmother and Kirsty to make sure you were up by 0700 ma’am. And as a good Marine I need to stick to what the Lady says. You can do what you want after you get up and ready and I take you to your Grammy.” I looked up at him with a pout.

“Why are you wearing a t-shirt?” I asked pulling on the bottom of his black lose t-shirt that went down to his elbows.

“Hmmmm you want to know don’t you?” He leaned down till our noses touched.

“Of course Cooper. Now show me.”I said sitting up.

“Nope you have to wait till our wedding night.” He smiled pulling on a new pair of shorts. I fell back on the bed and groaned.

“That’s mean Mr. Marine. Very Mean.” I pouted up at him. He looked at me.

“Sorry baby, you’ll have to wait. Now I have to go and so do you. So have fun, I love you.” He kissed me.

“Where are you going?” I asked looking at him. He looked at the door.

“I think your Granddad and Dad are taking Jesse and me to the gun range, no strip clubs or hookers.” He smiled remembering the conversation we had about the usual bachelor party.

“I trust you.” I smiled.

 “Anyway what are you doing?” He asked stroking my hair.

“Don’t worry about me. We are just going to this male strip club down town.” I shrugged. Cooper looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. “I’m joking. I’m sorry Coop. You know I love you.” I giggled at his face. He climbed on top of me placing a knee on either side of my hips. He leaned down and kissed me again.

“That was mean. I was ready to tie you down to my bed and not let you go.” He smiled leaning down to kiss me.

“Hmmm I would rather enjoy it, but you know my Grammy. And Kirsty would never let me do anything like that. Poppy and Dad would kill them for thinking about it.” I giggled as the bedroom door knocked. He groaned and got off me to go answer the door.

“What?” He asked at Kirsty who was standing in the door way with her arms crossed across her chest.

“I need my best friend now if you don’t mind.” She said moving her hands to her hips.

“But I do mind.” He smirked at her.

“Well when did I care what you thought? Now we have something important to get to soon so may I have her?” She gave him a devilish smirk.

“One you always cared, and two what do you have planned? If it’s good enough I might let her go.” He said crossing his arms.

“You make me feel like a video game two nerdy 12 year olds are fighting over.” I laughed walking over to Cooper and Kirsty fully dressed.

“I don’t have an answer for that one.” She laughed. “But come on before we are late for the appointment, you know at the place that we are going to.” She said for Cooper laughing at his dumbstruck face.

“What appointment?” He asked.

“Nothing Baby. I love you.” I smiled kissing him as I shoved my wallet in my pocket.

“Love you too.” He said kissing me back…………

We pulled up to the store laughing and talking. I looked up and smiled. “Are you happy about getting your first tattoo?” Grammy asked. I looked over at her and smiled.

“Yeah, I have been waiting for this moment since like a long time.” I got out of the car and walked up to the tattoo parlor.

“Can I help you?” The guy behind the desk asked.

“Yes I had an appointment to get a tattoo.” I asked as he looked at a piece of paper.

“Grace Roberts?” He asked. I nodded. “Nora is just down the hall, let me go get her.” He walked down the hall way to the back of the store. Kirsty walked over and put a hand on my shoulder.

“How are you going to get a needle dragged through your skin?” She asked as Grammy carried in Logan.

“Easy, watch me.” I giggled walking back with Nora……….

The whole time Kirsty held my hand as I got my tattoo. The whole time I was getting them we were laughing and joking like always. Grammy insisted that she pay since it was the day before my wedding. We were sitting at a local dinner talking. “Are you getting cold feet Baby?” Grammy asked over hot wings.

“No I would never change me and Cooper getting married. It’s just some pre-wedding jitters. Don’t worry.” I said. Hmmm I have been saying that a lot.

“Everyone gets pre-wedding nerves. But what you and Cooper have is perfect. It reminds me so much of your Poppy and me.” She smiled.

“You think we can survive deployment Grammy?” I asked twirling the straw in my soda.

“I think if you put your mind to it you can him can do anything.” She smiled.

“Anything?” I asked.  “Even have babies?” I asked. Kirsty gave me a warning look.

“Even have babies. No matter what.” She smiled putting her hand on top of mine on the table. “Now what did you get, I didn’t get to see it.” I pulled my t-shirt up to show the black and white pad that was over my first tattoo. I pulled it off to show the words that were written on my ribs.

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game