Chapter 3:Puppies, Puppies, and More Puppies

"So what you going to name him?" Uncle Charlie asked starting the truck.

"Levi. It fits him." I smiled at Levi. He looked up at me and barked. I rubbed his head as Uncle Charlie pulled into the pet shops parking lot.

"Now come on, and let's get little Levi some stuff." He opened his door, and we both got out. I got Levi a collar, leash, pet bowls, toys, everything we will need.

"Ready?" Uncle Charlie asked as I clipped Levi's leash on his new collar. Levi's tail was wagging as he smelled the ground in the pet store.

"Yep. I'm ready." I smiled as we took Levi out and into the truck. Next Uncle Charlie started to drive to the other side of the town. "Now where are we going?" I asked looking out of the window.

"Now your Dad called me this morning, he was talking about one of his buddy whose dog had puppies and they had to send them back to the states." He said watching the road fly past us. Levi was on the floor by my feet crewing on a bone.

"More puppies?" I asked watching Levi.

"Yeah I think he said 3 but I'm not sure. I said we had enough room in the barn in the back for them. He said they needed a home. We're just keeping them till then." He said turning on to the highway.

"How long is this going to be?" I asked turning on my iPod to Nickelback's CD, The long Road.

"Illinois, at the Navy RTC camp." Uncle Charlie chuckled.

"Great." I moaned turning up the music closing my eyes.............

"Charlie good to see you again." The Marine said before turning to me. "Aw Gracie give me a hug." I ran up and hugged him as he spun me around.

"Your Dad told me about the move so I requested to take the pups to you guys." He smiled. You see this sailor isn't just any Sailor. He was Uncle Charlie and My Dad's best friend in High school. So, this big bad mean sailor, is my big cuddly teddy bear god father who has been stationed in Japan, and recently I guess in a Navy Training camp.

"I missed you Uncle Ben." I smiled. He gave me one last squeeze before putting me down.

"I missed you too Kid." He smiled.

"Okay sorry to break this up, but where are those puppies?" Uncle Charlie said. Ben looked at him and smiled. He put his fingers in his mouth and whistled. I saw 3 white puppies run into the room.

"Oh my god they are so cute Uncle Ben!" I squealed. They were so cute.

"Yeah they are. You can get them homes right?" He asked picking one up.

"Of course Uncle Ben." I smiled.

"Uh Grace I hate to say this but we have to go. Long drive back home sweet heart." Uncle Charlie sighed. My face must have dropped because Uncle Ben hugged me.

"Hey I will visit soon Kiddo. Don't worry okay." He smiled.

"Yeah, I guess. See you soon Uncle Ben?" I smiled weakly.

"I promise."

"Say hi to Aunt Violet for me." I smiled. Aunt Violet is my god mother, also Ben's wife.

"Sure thing Grace." He smiled.

"Come on Kid, we need to go so you can be back at school tomorrow." Uncle Charlie said. I smiled one last time before grabbing a puppy. Uncle Charlie had one, and Ben had one too. When we got to the truck Levi was fast asleep on my seat. Well it was about 10. Ben lay the biggest puppy, a boy, on the floor in the back as Uncle Charlie laid the second biggest, another boy, next to the first. I lay the smallest, about the same size as Levi, on the floor. Next I picked up Levi and lay him next to the girl puppy.

"Bye Uncle Ben. See you soon." I smiled.

"Bye Kiddo. I promise I will see you soon." He hugged me and Uncle Charlie one last time before walking back to the building. Uncle Charlie started to drive back to the house.

"Go to bed Kid. Its late and you got school tomorrow." Uncle Charlie smiled at me turning the music down.

"Thanks Uncle Charlie." I smiled closing my eyes slipping into a dreamless sleep.......

"Sis, your home, come on." Jesse said softly gently shaking me awake. I blinked and looked around. We were at our house, the clock said 4 am. The puppies were already in the barn in the back so it was just me. I was tired so I lifted my hands for Jesse to pick me up. He smiled and picked me up and carried me up to my room. He pulled the blankets up to my chin and kissed my head.

"Good night Jesse." I smiled sleepily.

"Night Sis." He turned the lights off and left the room.................

The next morning when I walked into school Kirsty was standing there talking to Amber. "Hey Grace." Kirsty smiled. I nodded in 'hi' fashion.

"Aw someone is tired. When did you go to bed?" Amber laughed at me.

"I had to go to Illinois last night and didn't get back till four. Then I had to take Levi out at 6 then I had to walk the puppies, and then get ready for school."

"Wait, who's Levi?" Kirsty asked.

"And what puppies? I love puppies." Amber smiled. Kirsty looked at her weird. "Sorry. What puppies?" Amber repeated.

"I got a puppy last night. Then in Illinois we picked up 3 puppies, they were my dad's friend's dog."

"Aw what are you going to do with the puppies?" Amber asked.

"I need to find them homes soon. Well just two, I like the third too much." I smiled to myself. Nick and Taylor came over. Taylor kissed Amber. I got a good look at Nick. He had blue eyes not brown. I guess the light in the café is different.

"What you guys talking about?" Taylor said with his light southern accent.

"Patty's got Puppies. Nick you think Mom and Dad will let us have one?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, she has been looking at some. What kind?" Nick asked me.

"White German Shepherd." I yawned. The bell rang and Kirsty, Amber, and I, since it turns out Amber is in our homeroom too, walked to homeroom.

"Okay what's Levi?" Kirsty asked as we took our seats.

"He is a German Shepherd." I nodded........

At lunch Kirsty pulled me into the bathroom.

"I need to ask you two things." She whispered.

"Sure go ahead." I nodded looking up at her.