Chapter 35: I Love You, I just don't like you at the Moment

I woke up the next morning by my phone ringing. I fumbled with it as I picked it up.

Me* Hello

Connor* Morning Sun Sine

Me* I am going to kill you when I get home for waking me up at

I looked at the clock next to my bed.

Me* 5.00

Connor* I’m sorry I just wanted to talk to my baby sister

Me* Connor I am not a morning person and I am not afraid to kill you

Connor* Yeah I’m sorry, I had to get up for training at 3.30 and I just got back so I thought I would bug you.

Me* Connor I hate you right now okay? My head hurts.

Connor* Why, what’s wrong?

I heard him moving around his apartment as I buried my face in the pillow I was laying face first on.

Me* I don’t know I just could not sleep last night. It was horrible.

Connor* Why do you think you couldn’t sleep?

Me* I don’t know. I guess the whole him not going to be there a lot just making me thing, or it’s just this fucking bed, it’s so un-comfy

Connor* Your so stupid sometimes

Me* Well I am going on about an hour and a half of sleep here so map that out Mr. Marine

Connor* Okay, Okay I get it. I am sorry for waking you up. I am going to let you get your beauty sleep since you will need it for when you go to Cooper’s graduation in………… about oh I don’t know 3 to 4 hours.

Me* Connor shut up your making it worst

Connor* Sorry, I love you.

Me* I love you, but I don’t like you at the moment. Hey can I ask you something?

I asked walking outside of the hotel room to no one would hear me.

Connor* Yeah, sure shoot. Megs is at work so I have the apartment to myself.

Me* Well you know how my wedding is at grams

Connor* of course we fly out tomorrow.

Me* well Cooper told me that he would get the guard of honor and when I was at family day yesterday he, he forgot to get any.

Connor* Sis you don’t know how bad boot camp is. You get up do what the D.I. tells you to do then you sleep. He probably was busy. You want me to get some of my friends to come?

Me* Yeah, Dad promised that some old friends of his that knew me when I was a baby could do it.

Connor* Cool old friends. So how many do I need, squirt?

Me* um about 2 or 3

Connor* okay I will talk to some buddies tonight when I go out drinking

Me* Thanks Bro

Connor* Your welcome

I felt a huge yawn take over my body shaking it.

Connor* Hey I will let you go so you can sleep. Call me if you need to talk because I spoke to Dad before and he said the beds are very comfy.

Damn he caught me in my lie

Me* Yeah he is a marine, he can sleep on anything

Connor* Sure what ever, we both know I’m right.

Me* God whatever. Love you Connor

Connor* Sure Sis, love you too.

I hung up the phone and sighed rubbing my hands down my face. I felt the bags under my eyes and groaned. I opened the door and walked back to my room snuggling into the comfy bed. Connor was right. I missed Cooper right next to me. I snuggled into my pillows and quickly fell asleep again. I woke up to the feel of a hand stroking my hair. I looked up to see Dad sitting holding a cup of coffee. “Connor called about an hour ago.”

“What time is it?” I groaned.

“8.30,” He smiled as I drank all of the coffee. “Now get really we have to leave soon to get to your brothers and Cooper’s graduation.” He kissed my forehead as I got dressed and bushed my mess of a thing called hair into a pony. I rubbed my eyes to keep them open. I walked out, well really just dragged my feet to the other room.

“Morning Sleep Head.” Kirsty giggled.

“Morning Prince Charming.” I mumbled as I pulled on a hoodie. She looked over at me with a pissed face.

“She gets cranky when she is tired don’t take it personal.” Dad said to Kirsty before we Gibbs slapped me.

“Sorry I’m just really tired. Connor called me at 5 and I couldn’t sleep so I had like an hour and a half of sleep, then I talked to him for like an hour. I’m just tired and I miss Cooper. So I am running on 3 and a half hours of sleep.” I mumbled again. Kirsty handed me Logan who was wide wake and giggling.

“He has been waiting for you to wake up.” Kirsty smiled. Logan pulled on my bottom lip.

“Hey Buddy, did you sleep good?” He pulled on my lip again and was giggling up a storm. “I love you.” I said and kissed his head. He was dressed ready for the boys’ graduation.

“Ready to go Baby?” Dad asked. I nodded and put Logan in his car seat. When I put him in the car he was asleep again. It made me smile. I slipped into the front seat. Dad slipped into the driver’s seat as Kirsty got in next to Logan holding his diaper bag. The ride was silent as Dad drove. The ceremony was great. Cooper was a marine. They told all the new Marines to go to their families and of course they all broke into a run. I jumped into Cooper’s arms and kissed him.

“Hey there Marine.” I whispered onto his lips.

“Hey there Sexy.” He kissed me again. We heard someone clear there throat and I turned around to see Jesse. I hugged him before I went back into Cooper’s warm arms.

“I love you.” I whispered into his ear.

“I love you too.” I let out a yawn. Cooper looked down at me. “Come on I want you to get in bed.” I started to smirk. “After you get some sleep I promise.” I heard a couple of groans. I looked over and Dad and Jesse and started to laugh.

“Sorry.” I giggled before I yawned again. Cooper picked me up and set me into the car next to Logan. As I waited for the boys to get back I guess I fell asleep because the thing I knew Cooper was pulled me into his arms to set me on the motel room bed. As he let the room I went to my bag and got out my antibiotics. I wish this stupid virus would go away. I took a drink of water before going back to the bed and passing out again…………