Chapter 39: Don't Worry

Negative.

 It’s negative. I felt my heart breaking and snapping as that damn line. The tears were pouring down my red cheeks. I couldn’t give Cooper the baby he wants, and that is what is killing me. I felt the nausea get worse till I was puking into the toilet again. Cooper knocked on the door. “Baby you okay?” He asked. I couldn’t answer him as the acid was coming up again. He opened the door to me sobbing with my head against the wall. He gently picked me up and laid me on our bed.

  “I’m sorry.” I sniffled at him before giving him the test. He looked down at it before taking a deep breath. I sobbed into my pillow not knowing why I couldn’t stop. Cooper put down the test and pulled me into his warm strong arms. I buried my face in his chest and tried to take deep breathes.

  “Baby it’s okay. Don’t worry.” He whispered resting his head on top of mine. I looked up at him, tears still rolling down my cheeks, and kissed him. He looked down at me. “What are you doing?” He smiled. I kissed him again.

  “Please, just please Cooper.” I begged putting shaky hands on his cheeks. He looked over my face before running his thumb down my cheek.

  “Anything for you Mrs. Banks.” He kissed me pushing me down on the bed and getting on top of me putting is knees on each side of my hips.

  “I’m not Mrs. Banks yet. Not yet, give it two days.” I smiled the tears forgotten.

  “Oh trust me, I cannot wait for three days.” He kissed me again.

  “Either can I, either can I.” I giggled putting my hands on his belt and tugging it…………

  The drive up to Kentucky wasn’t so bad. It was only took about 8 hours, oh yeah that was fun. We left at 6 and got there at about 3. We stopped for lunch and about 10 times because I had to pee. Cooper drove because I was falling asleep and almost killed us. I slept with my head on his shoulder. It was one of those moments you never want to end. When we pulled up to Grandma’s house it was perfect. There were only a couple of clouds in the sky. The lake was beautiful as the sun shined on it. The house wasn’t small. It had about 3 floors, but about 8 rooms. Not many people live on the lake anymore. I stepped out of the car and took a deep breath of the fresh air. I felt instantly better. I always loved Grandma and Grandpa’s house. It was always nice and cozy. “Munchkin!” I heard yelled. I turned around to see my Grandpa. I run into his arms and squeezed.

  “Poppy.” I smiled snuggling into his shirt. “I missed you.” I whispered.

  “Oh baby I missed you too munchkin.” He kissed my hair. Cooper took the bags out of the back as Poppy had me in his arms. Cooper walked over with the bags over his shoulder.

  “Sir.” He nodded at Poppy.

  “Son.” Poppy unwrapped me from him and looked at Cooper. He broke into a smile and gave him a manly hug. “Welcome to the family.”

  “Thank you Sir.”

  “Call me Walt.” He smiled at him. “But you break my baby’s heart, marine or not, I will kill you.” He said to him through narrow eyes.

  “Yes Sir. I do not plan on it Sir.” Cooper wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Poppy cleared his throat. “I mean Walt.”

  “Good. Munchkin Your Grandma made fresh pie for y’all so why don’t you go and get some while me and Mr. Marine help your father with something.” He smiled at me but glanced at Dad, who was leaning on his old truck as Kirsty and Jesse went inside. “Also can you send Jesse out when you see him?”

  “Sure Poppy.” I kissed Cooper and walked inside the house. “Grammy?” I asked looking around the room.

  “In here Sweetie.” I heard her call. I walked into the kitchen to see her sitting holding Logan as Kirsty made a bottle. I kicked the bottom of Jesse’s chair.

  “Dad and Poppy want you outside.” I said going to get a piece of pie. He shoved the last spoon full of his pie in his mouth and handed me his dish.

  “Okay. Thanks Grams it was amazing.” He said before getting up and walking out. I put the dish in the sink before sitting down to start eating my apple pie.

  “Grammy it’s amazing.” I almost moaned to her. She laughed and bounced Logan gently.

  “I know it’s your favorite that’s why I made it. Just for my Baby Girl.” She smiled at me. Okay so my grandparents are my savors. I used to live with them when I was little when Dad was away. Poppy also never had a daughter to love so when I was born he loved me like I was his daughter. I will always love Grammy and Poppy. Always. Also Grammy was like a Mom because when I needed a Mother daughter talk Grammy was always there. “So have you chosen your wedding dress yet?” She asked as Kirsty handed her the bottle.

  No not yet, a lot have been going on.” I shrugged. She gasped.

  “You’re getting wedded in less than 3 days and you still haven’t found a dress. Please tell me you have the brides maid dresses ready.” She gave me a look.

  “No I haven’t I’m sorry Grammy.” I gave her my puppy dog face.

  “Oh damn it Grace that is not good. Now I have to go call in a favor from a friend to see if she could squeeze us in. Here take him while I go call. You make this so hard Grace.” She huffed handing me Logan. “It’s a good thing I love you.” She smiled before walking out of the room. I looked down at Logan as he sucked away on his bottle.

  “Well Logan, welcome to the family. It’s a crazy one, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”