Chapter 7: Douche Bag Cooper

I swear my heart stopped. "Sis you okay?" Jesse asked. I shook my head as I felt the tears wanting to spill over. "Hey what's -" He looked at where I was looking. "That Mother F-"

"Jesse it's okay. I-" I took a deep shaky breath, "I'm fine." I whispered. He watched me as I stared at the hot wings in front of me.

"You're not going to have any?" Jesse asked in disbelieve. I shrugged playing with a wing. The waitress came over.

"Is everything alright?" She smiled.

"Can we have our food to go?" He asked watching me.

"Sure sweetheart." She nodded. I sat there rubbing my eyes trying to keep my tears from spilling over.

"Come on sis." Jesse sighed. I sat up and grabbed the bag of food and walked out fast. I quickly got in the car and pulled my hood up on my hoodie. Jesse started the car and we pulled out of the restaurant.

"I feel like an idiot Jesse." I whispered. He glanced at me then back at the road.

"You are not an idiot. He is." Jesse sighed. I wrapped my arms around myself. My phone started to ring.

Me*Hello?
Connor* Hey Sis
Me* Hey Connor
Connor* What's wrong?
Me* Nothing don't worry Bro
Connor* Your not happy? Who hurt you?
Me* Just a boy I was stupid enough to like.
Connor* Aw sis I'm sorry.
Me* I love you. I miss you
Connor* I miss you too Gracie. How's school?
Me* Good I got a puppies, Levi and Sadie. My friend Kirsty is taking Oscar, as my friend Amber is taking Bandit.
Connor* that's great you made friends.
Me* Yeah it is.
Connor* Is Jesse there?
Me* Yeah you want to talk to him?
Connor* Yeah put him on.

I handed Jesse the phone and laid my head on the window.

Jesse* Hey Connor
Connor* What's going on Jesse?

He parked the car in the driveway I got out and ran inside.

Connor* Jesse? You there?
Jesse* The complete douche bag I want to kill him
Connor* What? Who?
Jesse* Cooper that douche that broke her heart
Connor* I wish I was there.
Jesse* So do I
Connor* Look I have work. I'm sorry. I will talk to you guys soon. Love you. Tell Grace I love her too.
Jesse* Okay, I will. Bye.

Jesse laid his head on the steering wheel. He pulled his head up and walked into the house. I was curled up on the pull out bed staring off at the TV not even watching. He pulled his phone from his pocket.

Kirsty* Hey Baby
Jesse* You need to come over
Kirsty* What's wrong?
Jesse* We went out to dinner and saw him
Kirsty* Him? Cooper, okay you saw him? What happened?
Jesse* Him had his tongue down some girls throat
Kirsty* I will be right there

With those words still in the air she hung up.........

Kirsty walked through the door as I still sat staring off into space. She walked over and hugged me tight causing me to burst into tears. It was all I need to cry.

"Shhhh its okay Grace." She said rocking me back and forth.

"Why me Kirsty? Why me?" I sobbed into her arms.

"I don't know Grace, I guess bad things happen to good people." She said biting her lips so her tears don't spill over. Jesse pulled the two of us into a hug.........

Kirsty left at about 10 because her Mom was screaming at her. I fell asleep later but woke up and was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee when Jesse walked in rubbing his eyes. "Hey you're up early." He yawned.

"Shit night's sleep." I sighed. I was fully dressed in a black shirt with dark blue jeans with bright blue converse. My black curling hair loose from the shower I took an hour ago. Jesse stood in front of me in boxers and a white shirt.

"What time did you get up? It's 6.30." He said wrinkling his nose.

"4.30, I couldn't sleep." I sighed taking another drink of my coffee.

"What are you drinking?" He asked taking a cup out and pouring some coffee.

"Coffee." I looked down at the light brown, almost white liquid.

"You hate coffee." I just shrugged.

"Go get dressed, I'll make breakfast." I got up and started up a pot...........

When we got to school Amber and Kirsty were waiting at the door for us. "Hey Baby." Jesse kissed Kirsty.

"How are you?" Amber asked.

"I feel like crap, but life sucks." I shrugged. Amber hugged me.

"It's get better. We are here for you." Kirsty hugged me..........

Cooper was walking in the hall he saw Nick and Taylor. "Hey Guys." He smiles. Taylor clenched his fists.

"Cooper." Nick nodded. Cooper watched them unconformable.

"Dude what's wrong?" Cooper asked.

"You really have to ask? Are you kidding me? You're a douche bag. You're so luck Grace won't let me punch your face in." Taylor hissed before walking to the lunch room. Nick sighed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He looked at him.

"Grace was at the dinner last night." Coopers face dropped. "Yeah. Can you believe that? You cheated on your new girlfriend, with a slut. Congrats. You're a douche." He shook his head and started to walk away...........

He stood there looking as I walked into the hallway. But before he could say anything he felt a hard slap on his face. He looked down at Kirsty.

"You idiot. Why her? What did she do to you?"

"I don't know." Kirsty raised her hand and gave him a perfect right hook knocking him off his feet. With that punch she walked back to our lunch table. I looked up at her.

"What did you do?" I groaned.

"How do you know I did something?" She laughed.

"One because you have it on your face, and two your hand is swelling." I narrowed my eyes.

"Fine I punched Cooper." I sat back in my chair. Jesse kissed her. Kirsty sat next to me and I grabbed her hand. "What?"

"I think you broke your hand." I sighed turning it over, watching her flinch. "Come on I will take you to the nurse."