🔪 fourteen

i remember jeongin's eyes when we got there. they were so full of wonder, and he was totally mesmerised by the view. i... i get nightmares sometimes... of what had happened that day. it was unlike me, and i had just lost control. how chan could have loved someone as pure as jeongin, and then hurt him and me, i had to make him pay.

imagine you had just broke up with a boyfriend or girlfriend, and they end up killing themselves afterwards. do you know how guilty that person would feel? and guilt is a strong emotion; it drives people to the edge, and it makes them go crazy.

chan was going to go crazy, and he was going to come running to me.

we both had our legs hanging over the edge, and we let the calm spring breeze fan our faces. and jeongin asked me, "are you in love with anyone?" i nodded at him, and he continued talking. he said, "i thought chan and i were going to be together forever, that we had been brought together by powers stronger than us, and that we could defeat anything, as long as it was the two of us."

now this really pissed me off. know why? because that's what i believed about chan and myself. we were connected, i could feel it deep inside of me. there was no way this little rat was going to take him from me.

i leaned into his ear and i whispered, "he doesn't love you, he never did." he looked over at me with such fear and disgust, i almost started laughing right there and then. i stood up from the edge, and i continued. "i mean if he loved you, he wouldn't have cheated on you."

jeongin looked so clueless, it was quite comical. the boy had started crying again, and i let out a low laugh. "he cheated on you, with me." he had such disbelief in his eyes. he was probably thinking "oh no, chan couldn't do this to me, our love is unbreakable" or some shit, but he didn't say anything.

he just stared up at me.

"look down at the water," i said to him, and he obeyed, while i crouched just behind him. "you should just jump now. chan doesn't love you, he hates you. he hates you so much that he couldn't even bear to be around you."

jeongin just kept shaking his head, words not being allowed to escape his mouth due to his uncontrollable sobs. i kept whispering "do it" into his ear, until he went mad. he stood up, shoving me back so we were both stood up and facing each other.

"i don't wanna die," he screamed at me, his tears making his face look so ugly. i couldn't bear to look at him anymore. if i did, i would have been taken over with guilt.

so instead i pushed him.

and he fell over the edge.

oh shit bro...