53

Kyle's P.O.V

"Kyle! Kyle!" I faintly hear someone call my name as they shake me roughly. Groaning I try to open my eyes but immediately shield them when the light hits me.

"Z-Zendea ?" I ask removing my hand slowly.

"No you moron, it's me , Amara." She says annoyed.

"What are you doing here ?" Why does my throat hurt so much? Getting up my eyes immediately shoot to a passed out Zendea. I rush to her side and see some blood close to her head.

"What did you do?!" I roar, yelling at Amara.

"Saved your life ! She was literally chocking you to death and if I didn't get here when I did she would have killed you." When she says this it all comes rushing back to me, Zendea just flipped on me out of nowhere.

"What happened? Why did she do that, I mean we were fine." I question Amara.

"I don't know because I don't have all the details of what I just walked into, so tell me, what happened ?" I get up and head to the bathroom and grab a towel, wetting it with warm water I head to Zendea and clean her up. I also clean the blood off the floor and when I'm done I lift her body up and lay her on our bed.

"Not here." I say to Amara and lead her downstairs, into my office. Sitting down I start from the beginning.

"After dinner she was falling asleep so I took her to bed and midway of helping her into her pajamas she just .. attacked me. She started strangling me and I did try to stop her but I couldn't. She was stronger than me. Then she says she is going to kill me and that I'm trying to take her mate. The weirdest thing though is that her eyes changed color, they were purple?" I question. "What is going on Amara?"

"He was reaching out to her and in the process took over her body and acted through her." She explains cautiously. Roaring I smash my fist into the wall. Why does this asshole keep ruining everything!

"Wait. Before you fizz out just listen." Taking in a deep breath I turn to her. "He's going to kill himself." Intrigued I gesture for her to continue. "Taking over someone's body takes a huge toll on one's body and yes wolves can heal but not that well and when magic is involved, well lets just say it's a deadly combination." As her lips curve into a evil smirk I can't help but follow in pursuit. "He is going to kill himself trying to save her but if you think that'll take too long I will gladly jab my sword through his cold heart." Amara says maliciously.

"She is mine." I say calmly.

"Then mate with her." After we discuss this more I decide to retire to bed , walking in I find Zendea wide awake and sitting up.

"Hey." I whisper getting into bed and kissing her forehead, she lets me but not before she moves back. "What's wrong ?"

"I'm sorry I just don't want to hurt you." She says sadly. "Kyle please believe me , I didn't want to do that , I mean I wasn't doing it. It was as if someone-"

"Baby stop." I interrupt her. "I know you didn't mean to do it. Someone was trying to kill me through you."

"Kill you ? Why?" Fear spreads all over her face.

"Amara thinks that someone took over your body using witchcraft with the intention to kill me but I don't want you to worry yourself. I've got this covered okay." I reassure her. She just nods and cuddles close to me , I wrap my arms around her small frame and just breathe out in relief.

"I can't sleep." She finally says.

"What do you wanna do?" She looks up to me and smirks , oh boy.

"Night cap?" We laugh in sync and rush out of bed , running downstairs. Getting out the bread slices , the Nutella and starting the latte machine, she makes us a snack and finally hands me my latte. I swear she makes the best lattés. Sitting on the kitchen island in front of me , we start nibbling on the chocolate goodness and just talk. From our parents , to love life and down to our favorite things to do , we connect. I find out things about her that I didn't know and so does she, watching her laugh I just smile then start picturing hovering over her while slowly drawing a line on her breasts with a sharp knife and watching her blood spill as she whimpers in need. God I'd do anything just to see that fear in her eyes again, seeing her trembling in fear as I laugh wickedly, just thinking about this is making me hard.