66

Zendea's P.O.V

The week has flown by so quickly and to think that my appointment with Dr Monroe is tomorrow. I would be lying if I said I am not nervous because I am, I guess I'm just hoping that there is nothing wrong with Sebastian's mom and that I was just reading too much into things. I mean we have already overcome so much, all I want for us now is pure euphoria. Getting a whiff of Dr Monroe's scent I alert Sebastian of her arrival and he comes downstairs just as she rings the doorbell.

"Dr Monroe." I greet her with a warm smile and see Rebecca right behind her carrying some of the equipment, she avoids eye contact but greets me none the less, and I greet her. The moment Sebastian steps into the room our guests literally reek of fear, great.

"Hello." He greets and Dr Monroe and Rebecca both say 'Alpha' in sink, bowing their heads. When we give each other the look I try to distract Dr Monroe so Sebastian can talk to Rebecca. "Can we talk, outside?" I faintly hear him say and they leave.

Rebecca's P.O.V

My body trembles with fear as I walk behind the Alpha as he leads us to his garden, he offers me a seat so I don't hesitate to sit down, what could he possibly want to talk about.

"Don't worry Rebecca, you're not in any kind of trouble, it's just that Zendea saw you following my mother into the house, during the party, and she didn't get a good feeling about it. So I want to know what is going on." Oh no. I just go mute, like my body doesn't want to listen to my brain.

"Alpha with all due respect, I cannot discuss this with you, I'm bound by nurse to patient confidentiality ."

"This isn't a request Rebecca, it is a direct order. You will tell me right now!" Hearing his Alpha tone my wolf cowers in fear and I bow my head.

"Yes Alpha. Luna Justine came to the hospital a couple of weeks ago complaining about sharp pains she had been experiencing in the chest and rib area so I examined her, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. She came back again saying she'd been coughing a lot lately, saying her coughs are dry and in that moment she fainted so I requested an immediate pat-scan, running every test possible." And I stop, sadly looking at him.

"Have the results come back?" He asks and I nod my head yes, "Well?!" I flinch when he raises his voice.

"The Luna has lung cancer." I say softly.

Sebastian's P.O.V

My heart sank the moment those words exited her lips.

"Sebastian!" Zendea calls out with a shaky voice, running to me. "What's wrong?" She asks me in my zoned out state but when I don't say anything she turns to Rebecca and I can feel her rage. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" She roars pouncing on her. Snapping out of it I quickly pull Zendea off of her and head inside. I send her upstairs to cool off, it takes her a while to calm down but when she finally does she comes down. "Is she still here?" I shake my head no.

"They left a while ago."

"Was I right?" It's not the question she asks that gets to me, it's how she asks it. Her tone is laced with fear, just like how I feel, afraid. I am genuinely afraid right now.

I breathe out and run my hands through my hair. "She has lung cancer." Touching her chest, it's as if I can feel her struggling to breathe. Finally looking at her, tears are running down her face, she walks to me and wraps her arms around me really tightly. "I'm terrified." I confess to her.

"I know." She says running her hand up and down my back. Zendea and I just sit there in silence for a while, she occasionally gets up to make me something to eat, I eat as best I can then go back to just sitting and staring at the walls. I might be the unbreakable Alpha Jacobs but this just ... it just gets to me.

Zendea's P.O.V

Looking over him as he peacefully sleeps my heart just shatters. Sebastian grew up under his abusive father's hand and the only thing that kept him together was the love of his mother, if he loses that it will break him. I couldn't stand just watching him, sitting there and not speaking so I put sleeping pills in his orange juice. I cover him with a blanket and kiss his head. "It's my turn now." I whisper to him then grab the keys to the Ferrari. As soon as I start the car I race off, with one destination in mind. I could care less about the speed I am travelling right now, my fury is driving, not me.

Slow down before you get us killed." Katani says but I step on the gas pedal.

When a tear escapes my eye the sky roars with thunder and it starts pouring, I turn on the window wipers to get a clear sight of the road, finally arriving I quickly get out of the car, slam the door shut and run to the door.

"Let me in!" I command banging on the door. Sebastian's father opens the door and his face turns pink with anger.

"How dare you!" He roars and Katani steps forward, when my eyes turn purple worry covers his eyes. Crushing my hand he winces in pain and I move his body aside.

"NEVER speak to me like that again, understand?" He nods his head yes and I throw him to the ground.

"Zendea?" Luna Justine questions walking down the stairs. "Honey what are you-"

"How could you do this to us?!" I shout. Her facial expression tells me she knows exactly what I'm talking about when guilt clouds her face. "After everything he has been through, after everything we have been through, you choose to do this? Why? We deserved to know."

"I know, I just didn't want to worry you or him. I felt as though me telling you would take the joy away from your pregnancy and I didn't want to do that."

"Losing my mother was the worst pain I had ever experienced and you know that then,  you choose to rather die slowly and alone than to confide in your loving son." I wipe my tears away and hers begin to fall.

"I was wrong."

"Yeah well,  you broke his heart." I say leaving, not bothering to close the door. Driving back home, I try to be as careful as I can be and to stop crying. Hearing my phone ring I dig into my pocket to find it, it's Sebastian. He's supposed to still be asleep, I swipe to answer it.

"Baby?" He calls out. Looking up I see bright lights heading towards me and the loud hooting of a car.

CRASH 💥
________________________________
💔

- Klyde