Chapter 29: hostalgia

***Zayns P.O.V***

I don't know what it is but dynasty is acting really weird tonight. She is definitely not being herself and I'm starting to worry. What if she thinks she can't talk to me? What relationship should be like that? I knew I'd ruin this some way or another, and it's already early days. I'm toxic when it comes to relationships and all of the lovey dovey stuff.

I'm not going to force her to tell me or anything like that; it's not my nature. But I am definitely going to try and work out what's wrong. And I think I know where too start.

Taking her hand in mine, my thumb caresses hers as I kiss the top of her head.

"Dee, are you alright?"

She hasn't even looked up at me, just releasing a short 'mmhmm.' really?

Leaning over, I grab the remote and silence the TV.

"What are you doing Zayn?"

Gently grabbing her arm, I pull her onto to my lap, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I'm worried about you. There's something wrong. You can talk to me you know!"

"I know I can babe. It's just... Not about this."

I can't tell how I feel about that sentence. She's saying she knows she can talk to me, but she can't about this? That just stings my heart. I thought we could speak to each other about anything and everything! I guess I was wrong.

"Oh..."

I move myself up and place her next to me. I don't know how to react or what to say to her.

"Please don't... Don't be upset. I'm protecting you, please remember that."

Sighing, I stand up and grab my bag. I need to just get away for a moment, I can't be near her.

"I'm going to go home, Moira will be wondering where I am. Love you, Ill see you later." I kiss the top of her head and just jump back in my car. I just need time to think for a bit.

***Dynasty's P.O.V***

I cannot even explain how guilty I feel right now. Zayn was just worrying about me and I've probably really hurt him now. All I want to do is run after him, tell him how sorry I am, how frightened I am but I can't. Because if I breath a word to him, he's dead.

Taking a deep breath, I pick up my phone and look through all of the notifications I have. All from 552-503-678. All from the scum bag.

Why can't he just leave me alone? Why can't he just go back to where he was before? I just don't understand what he wants.

His last text catches my eye.

'You can't ignore me. Remember what happened last time when you did? M.x'

That's it. Dragging up all my courage, I reply back to him. I'm dealing with him myself. No matter how afraid I am, I have people to look after and I'm not letting him ruin their life's.

552-503-678

Meet me now. Cals coffee shop.

D.

I'm not sure if this is going to do anything but you always have to confront your problems, right?

Standing off my bed, I head to my wardrobe. I just want to change into comfy clothes, clothes that aren't too revealing. Out of everything I have in my wardrobe, I chose to wear my joggers, jumper, beanie and vans. This will do.

---------

Arriving at the front of the coffee shop, I can't help but shake. I'm surprised I managed to get here without driving my car into a tree. It must of looked like I was drink driving!