Chapter 3

Emily’s P.O.V

 (Earlier that day)

 I’m sorry but I really do not care if this coursework is going to help me get a better grade, successful job in the future and stop me from working in McDonald's in a couple of years time. Actually, that sounds pretty good… But anyway, I’m fed up of it. The past 6 months has consisted of fucking coursework and I swear, I’m going to rip it to shreds and shit on it. I don’t see why our teacher always makes us do coursework every session. But to be quite honest, she always seems to be stoned when she is in lesson and I’m not even lying.

 “You alright sweetheart?” A small peck is left on the top of my head and I can’t help but smile. I love Chris with everything I have and I am so lucky to have him. “Yeah, I must have just zoomed out.”

 As I turn to my side, right now I can actually catch a glimpse of Isabel Archer staring at Chris. My fucking Chris. He has been for months and I swear down, she better back the fuck off. I really shouldn’t care that she is looking at him because I’m his and that says everything, but it should be only me that can stare and ooze in pleasure over his award winning smile and perfect dimples.

 Trying to focus on the essay I need to write for my journalism course, I catch a glimpse of Isabel talking to Chris. “Hey Chris. Me and Martha Kingston are going to this wild party tonight, we heard Kent Diviton is holding at his place near Manhattan Beach. Wanna come with us?” Within an instance, I rush to Chris as he puts his arm around my waist, pulling me in closer.

 “Thanks lady’s but no thanks. I’d rather hang out with my girl at her mate’s house, eat junk food and watch movies with them. As long as I have my girl that’s all I need. Why don’t you ask Wesley? I’m sure he will go.” Isabel actually has the decency to look up at me and smirk. Stupid bitch. Who does she think she’s fucking with?

 “That’s a shame. We would have had a ‘great’ time together. Later Chrissy.” Chrissy? That’s it. This bitch is getting it. Before I even have time to move, Chris pulls me in closer to me and snuggles into my neck. “That sounds so much better than standing at a party with girls leaving there vagina's on show and grinding or dicks. I’d much rather stay in your arms all night. I love you Emily Burkhart.” I can already feel my cheeks flush scarlet. How did I get someone as sweet as Christian Collins?

 “Alright you guys. Stop with the PDA. Don’t make me separate you.” Oh look, Miss has snapped into a grumpy mood. Must be the side affect of her being stoned. “I’d be doing that later.” Chris cheekily whispers into my ear as he slaps my ass. He can be such a cheeky git sometimes.

 “Babe, come on! We have got to get to Dee’s house sometime this year!” The difference between me and Chris is that he has shit loads of friends he actually likes and always loves to hang out with. Me? I have friends but I don’t like a lot of them. Yeah, that’s kinda how it works.

 “Hey babe? I’m really sorry but there’s been a change of plan. I’ve got choir rehearsal and I really need to practice with the group. We have our national competition soon! I’m sorry, I’ll see you tomorrow? Have fun with Dee! Tell her I said sorry I can’t come!”  Great. Just fucking great. Fair enough, he is an amazing singer and he obviously needs practice with his group but he could of warned me earlier! He was my ride. “Oh okay babe. Enjoy! Love you” Kissing him softly on the lips, I make my way to Dee’s house. I really hope we can just have a chilled out evening. That would be brilliant omg.

~~~~~

 “Hey Dee!” I just walk through her front door and walk into the kitchen. See, this is the beauty of our friendship. We don’t knock on each others door and ask to do things, we just walk in and make ourselves at home. “Hey Em! In the living room.” Walking in, I notice she’s cuddled up to someone. “Umm… Oh Ozzie! HEY!” I’ve always loved Ozzie in a brotherly way. “Hey Emily! Guy’s im sorry but I said I’d meet the lads and go out for a drink, I’ll leave some money on the side if you want to order food or something. Mom and Dad should be back home at about 9. See you later.”