chapter 8

Aisha's POV
The tears flowing from my eyes knew no bounds.I couldn't bring myself to stop assuming ill intentions.

This isn't the first time and definitely not the last time Ammah would use my mistakes to insult me.

'Aikin banza(useless thing),there is nothing you ever did right in your entire life.You are too slow and sluggish.'she would often say.

The part I can't even bear to hear is when she says Amrah is better than me in everything I do.

I checked my phone to see if there is any message from anybody. I wasn't suprised to see that as usual not even a single person texted me.

Ya samad,Nobody remember that I exists.I would be the one to text people first before they could message me,and now I have become sick of that act because I wouldn't want anyone to think I am seeking for attention.

I lied on my bed,tears dripping from my eyes making the bedspread soaked.The thought of myself with so many of my relatives but not even one that actually cared made me breakdown completely and wept till my eyes were bloodshot.

Ya wahidu samad,please love me even if your servants doesn't and put love and kindness into their hearts so that they can show me a bit of affection.

School resumption commences today.Amrah was grumbling all night that she dosen't want to go to school.Ammah had to threaten her to get up from bed this morning.
'Shatur,I won't give you the phone I promised to give at the end of the year. I will also tell baba to take back all his promises.'Ammah threatened.
Ammah normally call her shatur because the name was given to Amrah by our late grand mother.Amrah hurriedly got up from bed with a defeating look on her face and she went to the bathroom to do the neccesities before performing ablution to pray fajr.
Ahmad led the solar and we prayed in congregation. We recited our azkhar after solatul fajr and everyone went to prepare for the day.
I put on a black abaya with a lilac veil after taking my bath and doing the neccesities.I went downstairs to clean the house like I always do.
Sadiq is already going to university at Yobe state,so he is departing today. I watched as he carried his luggage into his car.
The black Benz was given to him on his eighteenth birthday by his father, Uncle Sabur.
After many hugs and goodbyes,Amrah still couldn't stop weeping ranting on how she would miss him.I stood there with a blank expression written on my face as I watched the whole scenario.
After the unending drama,Sadiq finally entered his car.
'Call me when you get to your destination and dont forget to say your dua for protection.Ayatul kurisiyu is very important.'Ammah said to sadiq like a mother whose child is going for a long journey for the first time.
Nagode aunti,Allah hafiz,he said.
Allah Hafiz,we responded in unison and watched him drove off.
** ** ** ** * * * *
Amrah entered my mum's car in her uniform and with her school bag and Ammah drove her to school and went to her workplace.
I was left at home with the twin. They were both resuming college in Niger next week while I am still at home waiting for admission to a school in Kano.
Reminiscing about my graduation, I beamed with joy.

Do you enjoy this chapter?
Kindly drop your comment
Don't forget to
Vote and share😚
Assalamu alaikum.