CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHANGES

Bridget found Five in the bar liquor as she sat next to him. She let out a worried sigh. She badly wants to tell her siblings about Vanya's power. And she will.

"Five." She calls her brother who was drinking a Margarita. The boy looked up with a poker face, "Hmm?"

She let out a sigh, "I've been keeping this all day. I'm sorry. I knew who injured Allison and I. And who killed Jenkins. I'm sorry I stayed silent. I'm sorry."

"Who nearly killed you and Allison?" Five, who was furrowing his brow, asked, "Say it."

"Vanya..." She muttered as Five looked at her in confusion.

"Vanya?"

"Yes. Vanya." She said as she let out a sob, "Her powers. That night... Allison and I tried to get Vanya with us. And... Allison remembered something... Dad made her an accomplice. He made her rumor Vanya to think to herself as an ordinary. And Vanya got mad and... and... she yelled at us. She shouted causing me to stumble upon the wall and hit something sharp." She let out a deep breath as she finishes her words.

"What Vanya's power look like?" Five asked.

"It was like energy. It's connected to her emotions. T-The more she's angry the more the energy becomes stronger and stronger."

Five just stare at her crying sister. It was felt like a thorn was taken out from her chest. The boy comforted rubbed his hand to her back as she continued crying.

Luther gathered them to a dungeon-like room. It was like a cell or chamber for someone. They all noticed was someone was inside. Vanya. She was laying there unconscious.

"Let her go!" Bridget shouted at Luther, "You don't have to put her into that chamber!"

"Why is she in there?" Klaus asks.

"She's dangerous," Luther told them.

Klaus, Diego, and Bridget made their way to see their sister Vanya. She flinches when she saw what hell hole she was in. Vanya quickly stood up as looked around at the soundproof chamber. When she saw her siblings, Vanya immediately ran to the door and started to slam it. Vanya was saying, or shouting something but due to room's soundproof, they couldn't hear her.

"You locked up our sister because you think she has powers," Diego muttered.

"She has..." Breathed out Bridget as Klaus and Diego looked at her. Bridget looked at her sister who's desperately trying to leave the room with sympathy.

"Pogo told me." Luther said, "Bridget and Allison knows." Luther gestured to Bridget, "He's always known, and so did Dad."

Diego took a step closer and placed his hand against the wall of the dungeon, "Why would they hide this from us?" Diego questioned, "I mean, am I the only one who didn't know this place existed?"

Bridget shook her head, "He hid so much from us." As Klaus nodded in agreement.

"He hid because he was afraid..." Luther informed, "Of her."

"That's ridiculous," Klaus told him.

"Is it?" Questioned Luther as looked at Bridget.

"It's true." Bridget breathed out, "She has no control of it. She couldn't control it when she was angry."

"Dad's lied about everything else, why is this so far-fetched?" Luther questioned.

"If you're right, then maybe she's the one who killed Peabody." Diego said as Bridget nodded, "She is..."

Klaus stopped them, "Whoa, no. Let's... I just⸺  Sorry, just, let's go back, all right? This is Vanya we're talking about. Our sister. The one who always cried when we stepped on ants as kids."

"Klaus, I know it difficult to accept⸺"

Klaus cuts off Luther, "It's not difficult to accept, it's impossible to accept!"

"We can't keep her locked up without proof."

"Klaus, Diego... It's true..." She faces Luther, "Released her. This doesn't go this way. She needs us. And we can help her and we can't do that if she's locked in that cage!"

Klaus and Diego agreed, "Yeah, and for all we know, she might be struggling with this new power. I mean it must be scary. Terrifying, really. To discover that you can do something that you never thought you could do."

Luther spoke up, "Look, if what Pogo told me is even half true then she is not just danger to us."

A footstep is approaching as they all looked who is it. Allison. Bridget ran over to her sister and hugged her, "I'm glad you're okay." Allison just smiled at her.

"Allison." Luther started, "What are you doing down here? You should be in bed."

Allison took out a yellow paper and a pen. She began to write words and showed it to her siblings; LET HER GO.

"See that, Luther?" Bridget pointed out, "Let Vanya go."

"I can't do that. She hurt you and Bridget."

Allison wrote again and held it up. It read; OUR FAULT.

Bridget sighs, "She's right, Luther. So, please. Just... Just let her go."

"I'm sorry, but she's staying put." Luther insisted, ignoring all the disagreement of his siblings. Allison shook her head and made her way to the chamber as Luther held her arm, "Just until we know what we're dealing with."

Allison shoved the spaceboy and walked pass him until Luther grasped her arm as Bridget and Allison stared at their sister in sympathy. Bridget's tears swell up as she continually stared at Vanya, "I'm sorry." Then She, Diego, and Klaus got inside of the elevator with a sad expression.

Bridget lay in her bed with a sad expression. She closes her eyes. She couldn't take off on her mind what Vanya looked like in that chamber. She looks desperate to get out of there. Much to her sibling's protests, they couldn't do anything. Luther stops them whenever they attempt to let their sister go.

Suddenly, a loud crash came from downstairs. Bridget let out a fearful sigh, "Vanya..."

"