CHAPTER ONE

WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS❞

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth, this was unusual in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

HE GOT EIGHT OF THEM

TODAY

Bridget Hargreeves, also known as her alias Number Zero, sat down carelessly on her couch. It was a tiring day for her heck, it is tiring weekend. Being a painter wasn't easy at all.

Being independent and with some assignment, the endeavor must be extremely tiring and well, difficult. At least she's on vacation for a month. She just got her house as she turns on the television, wanting to hear some good news, but the fate must be against her as she heard the news that would make her body shivers.

"A moment ago, police-reported the death of the most eccentric and reclusive billionaire... Sir Reginald Hargreeves is dead."

Bridget gazes on the television with a shock expression on her face. This can't be true. Yeah, their father was probably ancient but the man was rather strong and sophisticated when they left.

Well, it's been thirteen years.

At the moment, Bridget Hargreeves let out an exhale due to defeat. It means that she has to go to their house. It is not home to her, for she and her siblings suffer due to the old man's selfishness. The family was not normal. Full of darkness due to the old man forcing them to do anything and everything that "makes the best out of them".

Therefore, Bridget packed her things as she booked a ticket flight home. To The Umbrella Academy.

She's not going because of her greedy father, but she was going because she wants to see her siblings.

It's been ages since she last saw them. It was when her sister Allison got married. But they're not in contact anymore.

First, Luther, Also known as Number One was too far away. She's not exaggerating either. The man was living on the moon and she didn't know if he will attend to the funeral.

Second, Diego, Also known as Number Two was also occupied with some "superhero activities". The man was too busy fighting crimes to get in contact with the redhead woman.

Third, Allison, Also known as Number Three was on the other side of the world to pursue her dreams to be an actress. So she used her abilities to manipulate everyone and lied herself on the top. As a result, the woman filed up so many works that no one can contact her.

Fourth, Klaus, Also known as Number Four was fell into the world of drugs and addiction. He used the drugs to overcome his traumas and attempt to escape his dark abilities.

Fifth, Well, Number Five was nowhere to be found. The boy left seventeen years ago and still missing in action. Bridget thinks that Five was still there someplace.

Sixth, Ben Hargreeves, Also known as Number Six was well, deceased. It was when one of their missions. He was dead and Bridget couldn't forget the trauma when she saw him died, tragically, in her arms. Bridget chose to not talk about it all the time as she couldn't hold back her tears. Ben was her best friend and closest to her.

Lastly, Vanya, Also known as Number Seven was also not in contact with Bridget. Feeling excluded from everything, the woman chose not to be in contact with all of her siblings and chose to be distance herself from them.

Due to tiredness, Bridget lay on the couch as her thoughts fly off what will happen tomorrow with the dysfunctional family of hers.

Bridget Hargreeves turns her gaze at the mansion in front of her. The Umbrella Academy. She felt the chills down to her spine, the atmosphere was chilly and austere. She let out a breath before going inside of the house that she's trying to forget all the years.

"Hello?" She called out of nowhere. No one answered her as a hand touched her shoulders, she slightly jumped at this as she turned around to see who it is. Or what it is.

"Pogo..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say to the childhood butler. So, she just embraces the chimpanzee.

"Miss Bridget." Pogo acknowledges, "How good to see you here. It's been so long since I last saw you and your siblings. Apparently, you're the first one to arrived."

"Nice to see you too again, Pogo. It is indeed so long." She looked around, "It feels like nothing changed in the interior and exterior of the house."

Pogo slightly smiled, "Ah, Master Hargreeves doesn't want to change anything. He wants that if you all are back again, you all can reminisce the memories you and your siblings shared."

Bridget smiled, "Well, Thank you, Pogo. I'll just unpack my things in my room."

"Feel free to roam around, Miss Bridget. This is your home, as well as your siblings."

After unpacking, Bridget gazes around her room. They didn't change anything at all. It was like she never left the room. The academy. Her room was still has a midnight blue color on it. It still has a bookshelf and her books weren't change in order at all. It still has the fairy lights on it. The paintings of nature that she begged for her father to buy. And of course, the photograph of her and her siblings still sticking on the wall.

She smiled at the memory. Maybe, the academy wasn't fulfilled with traumas and bad memories after all.

She thought of the times they sneaked out at midnight to eat donuts to Griddy's doughnuts. It was a cheerful memory to her and it still never failed to make her smiled whenever she thought about it.

It was not too long after she takes a nap. Someone tapped her head. As she woke up, a big guy was looking at her. Bridget's eyes widen, "Woah. Luther?"

The man nodded, "Hey, Bridget." Luther gave her a small smile.

Bridget was shocked, Luther has gotten big. It was probably the effect of the moon on him. She just shook her head and hug the man in front of him.

"Luther, so good to see you!"

The man awkwardly hugged her back and as soon as they pulled away Luther spoke up.

"Uh, get ready. We have a family meeting downstairs."

Bridget winced, she bet it was not gonna end up well but then nodded at number One, "Alright. I'll be there in a few."

"