CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I HEARD A RUMOR

"Are you alright there, Alli?" Bridget worriedly asked her sister, "You're crying..."

Allison looked at her using the rear mirror, "Yeah. Yeah. Just... something crossed my mind."

Bridget just let out a sigh as she doesn't want to press her sister more. Maybe she's just missing her daughter Claire.

Until Allison spoke again, "Claire. I really love her. But... I think I forced her too much. My powers. It's... I'm manipulating people... Even Patrick... to love me."

Her sister is not fine. So, she thought of something, "Hey... it's fine if we stop for a bit, then I'll drive. Don't worry, I'm not a reckless type of driver."

Allison slightly smiles, "Sure, sis."

Bridget pulled the car into a dirt road of the Jenkins' cabin with an instantaneous stop. She and Allison looked at the file first before getting out of the car, "Okay, this is it."

"We're just gonna get Vanya to us and way from the psycho." Allison told her, "And Jenkins to come with us."

"You're gonna rumor him?" Bridget asked her worriedly, she knew that her sister's powers caused some trauma in herself and her daughter. So, she just doesn't uses it anymore.

"I mean, yeah. If I had to."

As a car door closed, an odd atmosphere welcomes the two Hargreeves siblings. Bridget looked up at the sky, "What's with the weather today?" The weather was strange as the wind chimes and the birds softly chirp. Nonetless, the wood was quiet and peaceful.

Both Hagreeves' siblings walked up to the cabin's porch. As they both walked at the front door. Not before observing through the windows, examining if there's inside. It looks like there no one was inside.

"No one's inside. The cabin was quiet."

"Maybe, we'll just investigate furthermore and come back here later in this day. Maybe Vanya and that psycho's are back here again."

"What if he hurt her?"

"Don't think something like that, Allison. But... I think Vanya's capable of defending herself." Bridget tried to reassured her sister.

"Alright. Let's go to the town, they must be in there." They both agreed.

Both of them let out a silent squeal as a crow appeared behind them as the bird flew away. They let out a sigh of relief that it was just a bird and not the psycho they were looking for. But also, worried, about their sister that was stuck with a lunatic.

"Why is there a fucking traffic in a wrong timing?" Bridget groaned out, "Damn it."

"Wonder what's causing it." Allison told her as they both heard a siren wailing. Bridget turned the car to the side as they both got out to ask the officers. Maybe Vanya and Jenkins are involved in there, and hopefully, they are there.