CHAPTER TWO

❝WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERAL❞

When Bridget came over to the living room, she saw all of her siblings in their own places, waiting for her. She gave them a weak smile before sitting next to her sister Vanya, she silently smiles at her which she gave back, but a little too confuse and weak one. They were all sitting and in positions as an awkward silence fulfilling the room. Luther was sitting on the sofa as Vanya and Bridget sat across him. Diego was sitting on a chair, his legs crossed, Allison sitting on a table in front of the fireplace as Klaus was in the liquor bar, making himself a drink. She hasn't thought of them being awkward as they all saw each other for so long.

Bridget stared at the portrait of her brother Five hanging on the wall. It's been so long. She guesses that if the boy didn't leave and Ben didn't die, things would never like this.

Bridget was the one who decided to break the silence between her and her siblings, "So... Nice to see you all again. What is this 'family' meeting all about?" She quoted as she said the word 'family'.

"Um..." Luther began, "I guess we should get this started. So, I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words at Dad's favorite spot."

"Dad had a favorite spot?" Allison inquired.

"You know, under the oak tree." Bridget just smirks at the man. Of course, the old man was gonna spend his 'ancient' time on number One. After all, Luther stayed loyal did not leave the Academy. Except, when Sir Reginald Hargreeves send him to the moon, "We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"

Bridget slowly chuckles, "No. Of course not. The old man hadn't even come out from his office." She remarked as Klaus laughed and sat beside her, "Hey, Bri. Looking good nowadays, huh?"

Bridget smirked at Klaus, "Yeah. You look like shit." She said as she sided-hug her brother, "Thank you. Thank you."

Klaus gazes upon Luther, "Will there be refreshments? Tea? Scones? Cucumber are always a winner."

Bridget laughed. Klaus was definitely high. She just nodded her head and grin at them.

"What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here." Luther interjected.

The redheaded woman rolled her eyes, "Luther, the old man was dead. Gone. Deceased. In hell, probably. Pfft. Let our brother do what he wants to do. Fuck off."

Luther stayed silent as she swore that Diego and Vanya smiled at her. She leans closer to the sofa proudly.

"Is that my skirt?" Allison questioned Klaus as the boy looked at the famous star.

"What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathe-y on the bits." Klaus said even the cigarette was still on his mouth.

"Listen up. Still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?" Luther snapped.

"Like what?"

"Like the way he died."

"And here we go." Diego muttered as Bridget snorts, "Of course, you'd think that."

"I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack." Vanya muttered, confused.

"Yeah, according to the coroner."

"Well, wouldn't they know?" Vanya shot back, causing the redhead to smile proudly.

"Theoretically."