CHAPTER NINE

MAN ON THE MOON

Bridget woke up with Luther and Allison on her side. She felt her throat dries, "Water..." The first thing she said as Luther was already rushing to the kitchen.

Allison immediately embraced the redhead, "I'm glad you're fine. I thought⸺ We thought that something bad may happen to you. We're really worried."

Bridget smiled, "I'm fine. I'm not dead. At least, not yet. You're never get rid of me that easily." She chuckles weakly.

"But are you alright now?" Allison asked her worriedly.

"Yeah. But kind of aching on the back."

Suddenly, Luther was rushing to her and handed the glass of water. She smiled at him, "Thank you."

Luther just nodded and shared awkward and worried glances to Allison. Bridget's eyes narrowed, "Is something the matter?" She asked, confused.

Allison looked at her worriedly, "There's something you need to see."

The redhead immediately nodded as she stood up but quickly falls back to her bed, "Can you stand?" Asked Allison.

Bridget let out a sigh and nods, "Yeah. Yeah, just peachy. You know, support."

Allison and Luther nodded their heads and supports her to stand and walk. Bridget grins, "Do not fret, my siblings. I will be fine later this day."

"Where are we going by the way?" Bridget inquired and again, the two shared worried glances.

"Uh, see for yourself, I guess." Luther answered her.

Allison and Luther support her upstairs as she noticed Grace isn't moving, which was odd to Bridget. Their mother is supposed to be doing breakfast by now. Suddenly, her heart beats so fast as she ran to her as Luther and Allison followed her.

She stumbled to her mother's lap as she looked at her. Her eyes were shut and she wasn't moving.

Suddenly, Bridget's eyes filled with tears, "Mom..." she sobs quietly.

Luther and Allison watch her in a sad atmosphere.

"Yeah, it's hard on all of us." Luther told them as Bridget glared at him, "You happy now? You want to turn her off, right?"

Luther just sighed and walked away but was stopped by Allison, "Luther..."

"Yeah?" Luther stopped and glance at Allison.

"Are you okay? You know you can talk to me." Allison told him as the man just walks pass. Leaving Allison.

She continued to gaze on her mom, "If I know who did this to you. I'll kill them, mom. I'll burn them to death and put the sharpest things in the world on their chest." She put her hands on the robot's cheeks, "I'll promise I'll bring you back."

A few moments, Allison gazes upon her, "Do you want to check on Vanya's? Diego said some things to her and I figured we check on her."

Bridget wiped her tears and nodded at the woman, "Yeah. Yeah."

Allison still looked at her, "Do you still need help to walk?"

Bridget nodded slowly, "Yes."

Bridget and Allison walked over Vanya's apartment as they both noticed that it was open. Allison carefully opened the door as she called the woman they were looking for, "Vanya?"