CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

TALK WITH DADDY DEAREST

Bridget woke up as she let out a groan, "Ugh. What happened?" She was laying on the ground and her eyes narrowed as she noticed something.

Why the sky looks gray? It's colorless. She sat up as she let out a gasp. Not just the sky was gray, but all everything in her sight.

Was her eyesight starting to become a mess? Was she dead? Where is she? What happened?

All she can remember was she, Allison and Vanya was in the Jenkins' cabin. She was stumbled by a wall as a sharp object hit her head and then the last thing she was Allison laying on the ground as blood was spilled out of her laceration.

She can't remember the place. Or why the place was all gray either. She raised her hands, it was gray too as her heart beats faster, was she dead? Was that sharp object kills her? Where is she? Heaven? Hell? What?

Suddenly, a hand came to support her. She looked up as her eyes widens. She sees what she wasn't supposed to see.

"Oh, my God." It was Sir Reginald. Their Dad. The eccentric billionaire, "Dad...?"

"Number Zero." Sir Reginald still offered his hand at her as she slowly took it. The man helped her stood up.

"Dad, what⸺ why⸺" She couldn't find the right words to say. But she knew, there so many words she wants to say to their dad.

"Number Zero." Sir Reginald repeats, "I see you all grown up now."

The only one she muttered was, "You are the worst father in the whole damn world."

Sir Reginald didn't say anything so she continued, "Hah. Yeah, you are the worst. You gave us trauma that we couldn't forget and we'll keep to our grave. You made Luther an ape and sends him to the moon for no damn reason. You made Klaus addicted in drugs because the traumas you caused to him was unbearable. And lastly, you made Vanya's power a secret."

"I know Number Seven's abilities are out of her control. Number Seven was a frail one if you could notice. She was drawn to her emotions."

The redhead laughed, "You're still the same. The heartless and greedy one."

"You children always blame things to me. A heartless one, a greedy one. I know what's the best for you and your siblings, number Zero. And I prepared you for the worst things to come."

"Wait..." Bridget's eyes narrowed, "You knew about the apocalypse?"

"Of course, number Zero. Did you think I don't know all of it? Why do you think I retreat the all of you?"

"What do you mean 'retreat the all of you'?" Bridget questioned.

"I do what I had to do to retreat all of you and began as a team again... I had to do it." As he slowly form his finger to her throat and intidimate 'slicing'.

"Wait..." She paused, "You commit... that?" Sir Reginald nodded.

She laughs, "You're so extra. A phone call couldn't hurt, you know."

"Would you answer?"

Bridget stayed silent. Her father got a point there.

Suddenly, her father holds her shoulder, "Now, go back, Number Zero. Your siblings need you. And the world needs you to be a team you used to be."

"What⸺"

Before she could say anything, Sir Reginald snapped his finger. She felt like an energy pulling her as she closes her eyes.

When she opens it, an worried Diego and Five looking at her. "She's awake!"

She looked around. Everything was back again. Everything was out of extraordinary. The academy has colors, as well her siblings.

"What happened?" She groggily asked.

Luther spoke up from Allison's side, "We found you at Jenkins' cabin. Allison's laceration seems sliced as your head was hit by something."

"Is Allison okay?" She asked as Diego nodded, "Mom healed you and her. She said she'll be fine."

"Now, who did this?" Five questioned.

Bridget's eyes widen, "Vanya..."

Luther, Five, Klaus and Diego's eyes narrowed, "Vanya?"

But she chose to lie, "I don't remember..."

"