Chapter 19

Ghul noticed that the Light's enforcer and one of his own people, Sportsmaster, seemed to be out of it and had something on his mind. He watched him for another minute before asking. "You seem stressed. Is there something you'd like to share my assassin?" He asked.

Sportsmaster looks up to Ghul, and thinks for a brief moment on how to talk to Ghul. He knows he can't lie, so instead he talks broadly. "It's just my daughter." He simply mutters before continuing to gaze out towards the horizon.

"Artemis. Yes I know but what about her?" Ghul wanted to know. He secretly hoped it had something to do with his dove but he couldn't be too sure until Sportsmaster explained what was on his mind.

Sportsmaster grunts. "I just hate seeing her working with the mini league team." He growls out with a tightened fist. "I dislike my ex, Paula for getting her in with the team. She would have been perfect as an assassin, just like her older sister." He continues to growl. This had come to light when he spotted Artemis the other night, out parading the city and protecting it.

"Agreed but she made her choice when you left and after Paula got out of prison. She could have chosen to go with you but she didn't and stayed out of it. However, if you're so worried about it, then follow her and keep track of her. And if you see my Dove, capture her." Ghul ordered. He didn't like hearing that his own girl, along with Queen Bee's, were with the mini league. If either remembered and told the team about their identities, they would loose everything.

Sportsmaster raises an eyebrow. "You talk about your dove. Tell me what she looks like... I did see a foreign girl with Artemis the other night, out parading the streets. Maybe it is the Dove you talk about." He mentions menacingly while looking at Ghul now.

"My Dove has white wings and looks similar to, but younger than, Hawkwoman because she is a clone much like Superboy and your own charge." Ghul said simply. "And if she was out in the streets, she must have chosen to join their little play club." He added lowly.

Sportsmaster puts a hand to his face. "You know what Ghul. The girl to whom was with Arty, happens to match your exact description, imagine that. It does seem to be your girl has come out to play. And maybe this could help lure Arty back to the side she belongs on." He smirks gently.

"And if not, blackmail her. Have Cheshire use those family ties to bring her back under our fold so that, someday, we might bring her into the Light." Ghul suggested and semi-ordered his enforcer. "Now, go back into the town and keep watch for them both. Do what you must but I need my Dove back."

Sportsmaster nods, "I understand Ghul. I'll make sure I keep observation upon the team like I have been, but this time. More concentration on your Dove. I will bring her back for you." He gives a simple nod bow of his head before reaching down and placing on his mask, which had been off until then, back onto his face.

"Good." Ghul said and watched one of his assassins leave the building to go and search for both their goals. He didn't doubt that Sportsmaster would fail since they had their "inside source" and had a lot of information on the inter-workings on the team and the league.

Meanwhile, at the mount.

"Moonari!!!" Scarlett exclaims as she comes running down the corridor towards the lounge room where Moonari was currently based. She was excited as she just heard from Artemis, they had plans to take them both into town for the first time together, as normal civilians.

Moonari sits up suddenly and looks over at Scarlett with wide and worried eyes, not knowing of the news. "Scarlett! What's wrong? What's going on?" She asked and ran over to her sister, grabbing her hands.

Scarletts eyes show pure joy and happiness, "Artemis just told me, Zatanna, Megan and her want to take us into town for our first official day out! As normal civilians!" She exclaims again jumping up and down for joy while still holding onto Moonari's hands.