Chapter 3

Artemis had been helping Robin to monitor the two girls while they were travelling back to the mountain but the whole time she couldn't quite help but think about two things bugging her mind. "Hey Robin." She finally brings it to light, "did you notice how cold this girls core temperature is?" She questions referring to Scarlett before pointing to Moonari, "or even how clipped the feathers are on that girls wings?"

Robin takes a look and his eyes widened. "That's not normal. Her tempurature needs to be brought up right now. If they're in this condition, they must have been abused in that place. It's not normal for things like that at all but there's something else..." he started and pulled up a picture of the league before zooming in on Hawkwoman. "Doesn't the winged girl look like a younger version of Hawkwoman?" he pointed out to her.

Artemis gasps slightly as she notices for herself the similarities, "I didn't even think of checking something like that. It's so uncanny. How is that even possible?" She questions as her eyes drift from the girl to the photograph and back to the girl again.

"It's only happened one other time and I worry about what it could mean for the rest of us. I just hope it's coincidence and nothing more. The only difference is wing color which might just be what keeps me from thinking what I fear it means." Robin replied cryptically and turns off his hologlove.

Artemis gently nods, "I really hope not either then Robin." She honestly replies before noticing they are arriving at the mountain. "Let's get these girls to Canary, I'm sure we will figure out their backstories eventually."

"Agreed. And the sooner the better." Robin nodded in agreement with her statement. He really wanted to be wrong but he so rarely was.

Megan landed the bioship in the docks of the mount before getting up and levitating one of the two cots using her telepathy. She quickly makes it head toward the medical bay.

Canary stood at the doorway, watching them bring the two girls inside and heads to the medical bay with them. "How bad was the damage to the structure and how much landed on them?" she asked quickly.

Kaldur makes haste to answer the question for Canary. "They were a good 10ft deep into the ruins of the building, almost like they were on the floor. Also from what I noticed, they may of been in something like a cage or of that sorts." He explains to Canary as he watches the girls be transported.

"Thanks Kaldur. That might help figure out just how bad it actually is." Canary nodded to the leader of the team. "Megan, put one down here and the other across the room." she told her, not knowing that they would freak out when they weren't close to each other.

Megan nodded and did just that, gently transferring them from the gurneys to the medical beds, putting two together to hold up Moonari's wing. "Hopefully that should help." she said and looked at Canary before walking out.

Artemis had followed them into the room just in case Canary needed her help with attending to the girls. Her mind can't help but still wonder about their cases, after all, it was quite particular to see them in those conditions.

Kaldur nods as he watches, "I'll leave you to work Canary but please keep me updated. I'm going to ensure that I have done my debriefing of this in the meantime." He honestly informs Black Canary,

Black Canary nods. "Thank you Kaldur. You've already helped a lot. Just do what you need to. Artemis and Robin can help me with this." She says and immediatly starts with the girl who was bleeding heavily from her side. It had already soaked through the gauze and wrap.

Robin nodded. "Yeah. Okay." Robin agreed and swiftly went over to the storage, pulling out the better materials needed to patch them up, the pain killers, and even the hydration bags.