Chapter 19: Monster

Jordyn

"I'm happy for you Jordyn" Dana said while we walked down the hallway into our apartment. "Look are you okay?" I asked, ever since we got to the hospital I could sense that there was something wrong with Dana, like he had something to say but didn't say it. I get the fact that it might have been a hard thing for him to stay there with me for the CT scan, but there is something besides that. 

"I'm fine, its just..." 

We both stopped outside of our apartment door, I stood their eagerly waiting for what Dana was going to say. "You just seemed a little off today, please tell me. You can tell me anything." He scratched the back of his neck. "Its about Lucas he is-" 

Before Dana could finish everything Lucas came to the door and swung it open, causing me and Dana to jump a little startled. "What was that you were saying Vaughns?" he grinned at Dana. But Dana did not answer to the question instead he just pushed Lucas aside and went inside throwing his jacket on the couch and walking in angrily to our room then slamming the door. 

"Wow what was up with that punk?" Lucas asked all cocky and I just gave him the most coldest stare I could. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked. "Why are you even here?" I pushed him aside and sat on the couch. "Because I want to know what gender my baby is" he said sitting next to me. "If you really wanted to, you would have came with me to the scan, but obviously you have more important things to do" I said sassily, and he came even closer to me, placing his hand on my knee which I tried to shove off. "Baby..." he started. 

"Touch her and I swear I will chop your arm off" Dana said angrily bursting through the door and sitting next to me, pulling me into him. Man what has gotten into him? "Calm your balls Vaughns, you don't have the right to talk to me like that, you act like you are the father of that child when you are not! So leave me and my soon to be wife alone!" My eyes widened at what he said. "Excuse me? Soon to be wife?" 

"Yeah we are going to be married as soon as this baby comes out."

"Bitch please! That aint gonna happen" I said angrily standing up from my seat, but Dana was pulling me down. "Well don't blame me, blame your parents. They told me I got you pregnant so I will have to marry you" 

"Fuck up filthy bastard. That's a lie, Theresa and Eric know the me and Jordyn are the ones who love each other not you, and they wouldn't just make up something like this just because you got her pregnant!" Dana snapped, but he was wrong. This is something my parents will do. "Tell him your parents wouldn't do that" Dana asked. 

Flashback 
14 years ago

"Be careful okay Jordyn. There are alot of horrible guys out there only wanting a girl for one thing. So I want you to choose very carefully on who you want to have a life with" My mom said, as I nodded my head at her. "be careful! You know if you get pregnant and the person who got you pregnant doesn't stay, you will not know how hard it is to raise a kid on your own. And in this family if that happens, well... lets just say you won't be enjoying your life" 

"What do you mean ma?" I asked.

"Do you know why your aunt Dina and her husband are always arguing?" my mom asked me. Aunt Dina is my moms little sister. "I just thought thats what married couples do" I replied. She just gave me a smile of empathy. "Well yeah... but the real reason is that your Aunt Dina doesn't love your uncle" she said and I looked at her confused. "I don't get it, then why would she marry him, if they do not love each other?"

"Because it was a forced marriage. Your uncle got your Aunt pregnant by accident and your grandma and grandpa made the two marry." my eyes widened and I certainly did not agree with this. "So Jordyn choose wisely okay? That's how it works in this family. So i'm just saying be careful. You do not want to live unhappy like your Aunt