Chapter 5: Its Gone

Jordyn

Maybe its for the best. I need a cool of as well, I know sometimes I may not show it, but i really do love Dana, and I have no idea what has happened to me. I don't like the new me, the new me is separating me and my friends and especially my boyfriend, but the I just can't help it, everytime I say i'm going to change, it never happens and its just so annoying! Me and Dana have been through alot, like alot, its not a normal couple thing, and I do not just want to lose him in a click of a finger, just because of some stupid jealousy he has over Lucas. Lucas isn't a bad person I know that. I may have changed but I know what kind of people to hang around with and what kind of people I can trust. Dana is my everything but it hurts when everytime him makes me feel like he doesn't mean anything to me anymore, when that is the complete opposite. I don't want him to feel like that, but everytime i'm home late, or he sees me with Lucas, his first emotion is jealousy. The first thing he thinks is that we're doing something not work related, when he is wrong! He is becoming an obsessive boyfriend and this relationship won't work if there is no trust in it. 

I was walking down the street alone at night, trying to catch a cab home I got out the infinite necklace which by now looked so worn out and it looked like it was going to break, but I didn't care I put it on around my neck where it belongs. I went past a homeless guy, he had a ripped hat on, he looked african american and he looked like he was freezing. I felt sorry for him but he manages to stay strong and alive in this cold New York city weather. I thought back to what my friends say as 'the old Jordyn' would do, and the old me would not just leave this poor man to have nothing, when my family owns one of the richest companies in the country, I have everything while he has nothing. 

"Hello sir" i said "Hello" he said bluntly "Are you okay? you look very ill" I say, looking at his light chapped lips, pale face and his lifeless eyes. "What do you expect i'm sitting out here in the freezing cold." 

"Do you need some help? i can give you-" I took out my purse and was about to get a 20 dollar bill out but he stopped me. "What are you doing? I don't want your money! a girl like you dressed in that should not be around here alone at night, you need to leave. I want to be alone" he said shivvering. I did what he said, I left. He told me he doesn't want my money, then so be it. 

I walked to the nearest Pharmacy and brought  some medicine. After that I walked to Mcdonalds and got something to eat, and then walked back to the old man who was still sat in the same spot. "I'm back!" I said happily, he just glared at me "didn't I tell you I don't want your stinkin money? Ya'll rich folks always try to be nice to us homeless folks just so you can get a good word, but that aint happenin'" I scrunched my face, then knelt down infront of him. "I just want to help you" 

"I don't want yo frickin help! just leave me alone! Go home little girl!" he yelled, but I didn't, instead I sat on the floor and gave him the Mcdonalds bag and put in right infront of him. He looked at me then to the bag, it was like he was arguing with himself whether or not he should take it. I knew he wanted it, you could practically see the drool coming down his mouth. Suddenly he snatched the bag and took out the freshly made burger and fries and shoved them in his mouth like he hasn't eaten for days, but in his case I think that its literal. "Woah slow down horsey" I said laughing "You're gonna get alla that clogged in your throat" he just stared at me, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. 

"Why you doing this?" he asked "because it reminds me of my old self" I replied plainly "What do you mean?" he asked even more confused. "I've become someone that i'm not, which made everyone turn against me, and now I can't even go back to how I used to be, because the new me is taking over, if you get what i'm saying" 

"I knew someone like that before. But thats not true, you are here giving me this, and you are saying that you can't be your old self?" 

"I don't think it will last" I smiled sadly "Anyway here drink this" I said putting medicine on a small spoon and giving it to him. "Eww no, I aint taking that shit"