Chapter 23: The future

Jordyn 

"Jordyn! babe get down here Andre wants to talk to you!" I heard Dana shouting from down the stairs. 

"Coming babe!" I yelled back then made my way down the stairs where I find Dana in the kitchen of our house! yes house not apartment, but house. Which I can't believe because it is huge! But ya know this is sorta what you get when my family's company and Dana's family company combine together. Yeah this sort of happened after me and Dana got married, my dad was pretty upset at the fact that he doesn't have a son to take the name of Rivera but things happen. When I got into the kitchen Dana was wearing his muscle tee which showed his hot muscles even at this age with our kids name tatooed on his chest. We have 3 if you're asking... 

Well 23 years into the future, and we are still together, must be a record. Surprisingly we do not fight as much, I think the thing that keeps us both bonded is the fact that we love our children and we love eachother, we don't want to show our kids that we fight, because we won't be good role models.

Around the house are so many old pictures of me and Dana starting off from when we were in high school, the same photograph of me and him in the snow, the day the accident happened... to the day of our wedding and up until now with our children. 

"There she is" signalling to me to come to him, and pulling me down onto his lap, when I saw the bright face of Andre o Skype, who had his bride to be, Del Ray on his arm. She was a beautiful mixed race woman who had tanned skin, much like Dana's, also... we have news that she is with child, so there is a plus one to the Vaughns family.  Andre is now 23 and helping us run the company. We know he has been through alot especially the day he was born, but he has grown to be a fine young man, he has light curly hair and he looks more like me then Dana, which he obviously shows where he gets his good looks from, and he is a tall man about 5,11, well he looks tall to me, since I am midget, I feel like all of my children are going to be towering over me. 

"How's my baby? are you living alright there in Chicago? Because I miss you, you are free to come home anytime you want" I said. "Its fine mom, i'm okay, i'm 23 i'm not a baby, in fact i'm having a baby" 

"Well if your the one having a baby, then theres got to be something wrong" Dana Joked, both Andre and Del Ray laughed on the other end. "Woah dad that is just... anyway mom, where's mini me? and Kay?" he asked. "DJ is out, he'll be coming home anytime now and Kay is upstairs with Shawn" I replied. 

"Ohhh, Kay is upstairs with a boy? Alone?" he asked, and we just nodded. "Better keep an eye on those two" he said all father like. Shawn Jamie Pendery, Aka our daughters bestfriend...hmmm I think I know where this is going. 

"How's the grandchild?" I asked Del. "Oh she is doing fabulous" she said enphasising the word she. "Oh my god we are having a grandaughter!" I said jumping up and down in excitement, but Dana grabbed my waist. "I don't think you should jump on that spot, because ya know..." he said pointing down at his crotch with a big smirk on his face, Andre covered his face "Mom! Dad! flirt when we are not here please?" but to tease Andre a little more Dana grabbed my face and lightly pressed his lips onto mine. When we parted we looked back at Andre's face which had the look of... 'you're old now, stop doing that' But instead me, Dana, and Del started laughing. "Aw calm down babe, its cute, they've been together for so long, but they still do alla this lovey dovey things that teenagers would usually do. And speaking of..." she trailed off, but then got out a small album. 

"Look what we found!" she said with a happy smile, while me and Dana looked at eachother with shocked faces. "Where did you get that from?" Dana asked. "We were looking through some boxes and we found this, we know it belongs to you guys, I don't know how it got in our boxes, but what is it? is it like a scrapbook? because there are alot of things in here. Like pics of your old crew, it looks like it tells a story"