33. Nᴏ Rᴇɢʀᴇᴛs ▪️

Previously on Hot Chocolate.

Mom, you both have met Deshawn. He's my boyfriend.”

“Sometimes you make me wish I died years ago with my grandparents. And you're right. You and that God of yours love to make my life hell.”

“Parents. Just ensure that when I return you're not here. Fucking disappointments.”

“What's happening Shawn? My legs and arms are in pain. Did something happen?” 

There was a drive-by shooting?

“Babe you are losing alot of blood, stay awake-” Other that, I heard nothing. All I felt was my body lifting from the ground then cold air brushing against my feet.

“What's happening? Ugh? Umm?”

“Come on assholes! We have someone injured here! Hurruy the fuck up he had lost alot of blood!”. 

[DESHAWN RUSSEL]

“Doc!  How is he! Is he doing okay?” She looked at us with worry in her eyes. 

“You are the family of Terrai Montego?” We nodded and she continued talking.

“He was admitted and treated was completed. His state was critical from the amount of blood he lost and it would be required for a close family to offer blood. We have successfully removed the  bullets. Consider him lucky because he got one to the chest but nowhere near vital organs. He is in stable condition. You can see him, but, you have to be quiet. ”

Without a response we left to the room that he was in. He was no longer  wearing his usual clothes,  he was dresses in that stupid white hospital gown. 

His mom burst out crying as she held his cheeks.  He laid there not moving g at all.  The only thing that informed me that he was alive was the heart monitor beeping every two second and the lines going up and down in a pattern showing his breathing rate.

I walked towards him and placed a kiss on his cheeks. He looked like he was in pain but I hope those sedatives work cause I don't want my babe feeling too much agony.

I glared at his parents, specifically his mom  because if it wasn't for her, then he wouldn't be laying here like this. I held his hands which we're still warm and squeezed it.

“You know,  my parents we're just like you?  They we're shitty when it came to parenthood. You guys don't know the son you have. He's a good guy, he is one guy who is one in a trillion. But just looking at you guys with grief on your faces is pathetic. You make him miserable. And just looking how you treat him, I don't regret leaving my parents.”

I turned from them,  not caring about their reactions and looked at my man.  His eyes a were closed and expression remained stoic. I clicked the television remote button and powered it on. 

The need headline alone built my curiosity.

“THE BLACK HEART'S GANG IS BACK AT IT AGAIN! ”

Then the make news reporter bagan to speak

“One of the most notorious gang in the city,  Black Heart's Gang, are still conducting their criminal activities. Today,  approximately minutes after eleven this  morning, with a  motive  to put an end to everything that have legs in one of the most peaceful neighborhood in the city. Properties and lives were threatened and many civilians we're rushed to hospital where they received treatmen-”