27. Psʏᴄᴏ▪️

The sound of my phone vibrating in my pocket I instantly reached for it. It scanned my finger print and the phone automatically unlocked, giving me the access. The notification displayed a missed call from my mother.

Oh hell? I literally send cash less than a week ago!

She can't be out of supplies already.

I made an attempt to get out of bed, but the thick bulky arms of Shawn, held possessively to himself, which had me struggling. I tickled him which caused him to groan and I lift his arm up and escaped. I pulled the cover over him and walked out of the room to hear what she was saying.

The sun hasn't come up as yet, I opened the glass doors and walked outside in the foggy atmosphere. Harsh cold breeze brushed against my bare back as I redialled her number and waited.

Before I could say anything, I heard someone gasped for air and finally decided to talk.

“Baby. You father he is here. He c-came by the house few minutes ago, reeked of alcohol. He threatened to kill me. I told him to leave but he got violent. He b-broke all my chinas.”

The heck! The nigga wasn't there for half my life and the one time he showed up!

He already did some shitty-

Ugh!

“Baby, I thought I was going to die when he came at me with one of the sharded glass. I pushed him and he fell. H-he is not waking u-up. I never meant to hurt him, it was only defense. Please, baby help me! I don't know what to do!”
The sound of my mom's desperate voice on the line, got to me. I quickly disconnected and ran to get on shoes and a shirt.

Shit! If he dare try to hurt her! I'm going to kill him with my bare hands. I never even got to brush my teeth, I goggled the mouthwash and ran to the door.

“Where are you doing babe?” Out of nowhere Shawn came rubbing his sleepy eyes. I don't have time for this right now!

“Its an emergency. I have to go right now. Shit! My mom is not okay! I have to help her out.”

“Ok shit! I'm coming and you're not going to say no. I'm driving, I can't take your crazy driving.”

“Just hurry the fuck up okay! I can't wait a second!” I sort of felt bad when I swear started him but I was freaking out. He ran upstairs for God knows what and came down about three minutes after, in flip flops and a less exposing shirt. Grabbing his car keys both of us started driving.

It was still early morning and the traffic wasn't as bad. The car was driving really slow for my liking, despite the harsh cold breeze that brush against my ear.

“Could you drive a little faster? God! I'm freaking out!” I complained as he stepped on the accelerator.

“Everything is going to be ok baby T.”
I rolled my eyes at him. Gosh. I already believe him.

I redialled my mom's number and it went straight to voicemail. I closed my eyes taking deep breaths to steady my heart beat. See! That's the reason I ensured that my gas tank is always full. You can leave whenever to wherever on emergencies and not worry about the car stopping in the middle of nowhere.